“Obsessed with Sung's” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cross street: 7th and Elm
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Obsessed with Sung's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

I happened upon Sung's one time when being adventurous and decided to try a new type of food I've never ate before and I'm so happy that I did. First off, this place is like a hidden gem, most people don't even know it exists and because of that, I've never had trouble getting a table or getting into here. The ambiance inside is really nice and creates a really cool vibe. I've always had really great service and the bar offers a lot of different types of wines, beers, etc. to pair with their dishes that go great. My favorite dish is the Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap, it's by far one of my favorite things to eat and I've never had a bad dish here. The bar area is quite nice as well, I sat there one time on a random trip to grab dinner on my own and enjoyed some beverages while waiting for my meal. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is willing to branch out from the regular type of restaurants and foods that they are used to.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Dublin, Ohio
“Good food, nice ambience, and excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a nice Korean establishment in downtown Cincinnati. If you're looking for authentic Korean cuisine, there are better restaurants in Columbus and Cincinnati. However, this restaurant provides a very nice ambience, and adds a western twist to Korean cuisine, which I found quite acceptable.

We recently dined there with a few friends and the service was excellent. We ordered three "meat" rolls as appetizers (which were recommended as part of their specials), all of which were quite tasty. We ordered a bottle of cold sake, which was just okay. My friends ordered some specialty drinks, some of which were quite good. The bartender came out and talked to us about how he makes the drinks, etc., which was a nice touch. For dinner, the barbecue ribs were really good. I ordered the Korean Tofu soup (basically like a Sundubu-jjigae, but with clams), and my wife ordered the Dolsot Bimbimbap, both of which were good.

For me the highlight of the restaurant was the care and patience exhibited by our server , especially with all the questions we had on the drinks. Overall, an excellent place, and I would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Hidden gem Downtown Cincinnati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant has great food & ambience. I have been there several times with friends and the experience has always been enjoyable.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This place was wonderful. Very authentic food, and great kimchi and bowls. Waitstaff was very attentive and helpful of the menu choices. Cocktails were tasty too.

• Visited June 2014
Washington DC
“Food Craving Satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have watched a few shows about Korea on Drama Fever. I was fascinated by the care given to food and place in the culture food enjoys. I had wanted to go to a real Korean restaurant for some time. Business brought me to Cincinnati and I Sung Korean Bistro. We arrive at about 5:00PM and we had the place to ourselves. The staff was cheerful and helpful. We both ordered Dolsot Bibimbab which is a standard. It arrived looking every bit as elegant as on TV and the server stirred in the hot bean paste. I requested medium spicy and it was perfect. Tasty and a large portion. We did get a magma gimbab (deep fried shrimp) again really good and 12 pieces easily shared. So 3 beers, 2 dinners, and a shared gimbab came to about $72 before tip. I found it a bargain. The restaurant is ultra clean and beautiful on the inside. There is one room in the rear where you can avail yourself to the floor seating and low tables.

• Visited May 2014