21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
1,386 results
All reviewsyellow penguinscontemporary artbody partsmetropole restaurantfun hotelrooftop barunique hoteltwo floorscool hotelaronoff centercomfortable roomfront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingfountain squareexhibitstiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a girls spa weekend. From the arrival to the hotel, the valet staff was extremely helpful and the check-in staff was even better! Spa was amazing, they greeted you by name and were super nice; the treatments were some of the best i've ever had. The rooms were in perfect condition and beds were extremely comfortable. The food at the restaurant was very good and the staff was very friendly. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear TriciaK_Indiana,
So glad that you enjoyed 21c for a girls spa weekend. This is wonderful. We are delighted that you found the spa amazing, the staff friendly, and the food at Metropole to your liking. We look forward to your return to 21c and to Cincinnati.
Thank you.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This place has a great atmosphere. The interior is unique and stylish. The bathroom was just great, although ours didn't have a bathtub. Food was delicious. I would highly recommend tartar steak. Every staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay this place again when I visit Cincinnati.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Ponkich,
it is so good to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at 21c Cincinnati. We do appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. We look forward to your return to 21c and to Cincinnati.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

21C us in the heart of the theater and upscale dining area of Cincinnati city center. We decided to make a night of it taking in Dinner at the incredible Jean-Robert's Table, show at the Aranoff, and stay at 21C. Check in was efficient and pleasant; you could tell immediately this was the trendy pick for Cincinnati lodging. Having undergone a $40M+ renovation all was still gleaming and new, both for the good and, for me, the bad. We had a glass of wine in the inviting, mood lit Metropole Bar, a great place, good vibe and plush seating. Upon retiring for the evening (graciously upgraded to the top floor) to our well appointed, comfortable room I noticed that I immediately began to get congested. The room smelled freshly everythinged. I awoke at 330am with a headache that got progressively worse and had an overwhelming sense of the room's VOC like odors. By 1000am I had to leave the room and get to fresh air; this is not at all usual for me. I immediately felt better outside. I can't chock this up to the hotel's responsibility, everyone wants a clean, updated room, but I won't be able to stay here again until the newness wears off or some degree of ventilation improvement occurs. Moral- stay here, great place; if you have allergies or sensitivities of this sort be aware.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear kvf1,
Thank you for taking time to share some details about your recent stay at 21c with us. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed the property. I am sorry to learn that you felt less than optimal while staying here. We will certainly review our rooms for the types of issues that led to your discomfort. It is our goal to have you remember 21c for all of the wonderful attributes that we have rather than anything else. I do hope that you will give us another try soon.
Once again, thank you.
All the Best,

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Booked this hotel for a weekend in the city. Our first visit to the hotel, not to Cincinnati. Location can't be beat. Across from the Aronoff Center, short walk to fountain square, Macy's, Tiffany's and Saks. As soon as you enter the lobby you realize this is not your parents hotel. It's sleek, hip and modern. Gone is the dark, clunky front desk replaced by a glass top table and mini laptops. The check in staff is very polite and seems to be happy to have us. I love that they take the time to walk you to the elevator! Lobby and first floor contain beautiful art poeces. I asked for ice to be delivered right away as I read there are no machines on the floors, staff said this was due to noise level. The room was beautiful, bed very comfortable, lots of pillows, and very very quiet. The shower has cool body part tiles and was nice and super clean. Everything is top quality.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear SraLiz,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at 21c with us. We are delighted that you found us to be very interesting and certainly not your parents hotel, although we are happy to have everyone here. We are glad that you enjoyed out sleek, hip and modern design. We look forward to your return to Cincinnati and to 21c.
Thank you.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were in the mood for art. What better place than Cincinnati with its wonderful art museum and now, a wonderful art hotel. We were drawn to this hotel after having visited its sister hotel in Louisville many times. Would the staff and art live up to the wonderful experience of Louisville? Yes, a thousand times, yes. We were warmly greeted first by the doormen, then by John, the receptionist. It may sound trite to say it, but I did feel that he was welcoming us home. Parking is by valet or conveniently by yourself one block away. The room was modern in design with wonderful lines and modern art. The bathroom had heated towels and, of course, the signature rubber ducky. One impressive activity that this hotel offers is a free art activity on Sunday evening. This activity is sponsored by Visionaries and Voices. When we were there, the art was free-style embroidery. I went to the class upon John's recommendation and was very glad I did.
The art in the hotel is modern, and the exhibits change from time to time. One of my favorites was the "The Healing Tiles," which was a projection on the floor that changed as people walked through it. Even if you aren't staying at the hotel, dropping by to visit the museum part is well worth it.
In Cincinnati, the large yellow penguins move about the hotel freely. I won't explain. Go visit and see for yourself.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerry L, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear CrossCountry11,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience here. Greeting you as if you are coming home is the first and foremost goal of our team; we are happy to have hit that mark so well and that we were otherwise able to live up to and exceed your expectations. It is also great to know that you enjoyed your room, the museum, the class and the exploits of our penguins. We hope to welcome you back soon!
All the best,