“Very interesting high quality property.”

21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Very interesting high quality property.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The property is beautiful and the art on site a tremendous concept. We enjoyed the feeling upon arrival surrounded by art at the welcome desk. The room was lovely. While we enjoyed the hotel, the price was more than we would have like to pay for the occasion - dropping our son off at college. For a special event, well worth it though. We arrived late during the week and dinning options nearby were all closed. The bar food in the downstairs bar was limited and while what we got from room service was of high quality, there was a limited menu and vey limited vegetarian entrees. I would stay again for a special occasion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We visited this hotel with friends and enjoyed the different experience of modern art everywhere! The service is excellent especially the valet ! The rooms are quite modern and the bathrooms are just so different with modern clean lines everywhere. Also, a great perk is the location! It's very close to several eateries and great food in hotel and all within walking distance. The New Horseshoe Casino also has a shuttle bus every 30 minutes. We enjoyed the stay so much we went back for another visit 3 months later! I used the Spa and received a wonderful message and pedicure at very reasonable rates! We shall return!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Room was excellent. Updated. Extremely clean and fresh smelling. Bathroom was large.

Service at this hotel was amazing. From the front desk lady that actually walked us to the elevator to the valet personnel who had our car waiting exactly on-time. Look lost for just a second coming out of the hotel and one of the bell staff will ask you what you're looking for and give you recommendations/directions. Can't say enough about the service.

Art: I'm more of a "techie" but I really enjoyed walking through the hotel looking at all the art.

A "fun" place to stay in Cincinnati.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Loved the ethos behind this hotel, great idea well executed - part art gallery, part modern hotel. I stayed here for business and we used the hotel's conference facilities on one of the days - it's a great, inspirational environment to work in.

What separates this hotel from the others? The little things - the attention to detail (turning the rooms down in the evening), the style (artwork everywhere) and the little touches of humour around the place (the bathroom tiles but I won't spoil it for you).

The Location:
Great for downtown Cincinnati

The Rooms:
Standard size doubles but spotlessly clean and well cared for. Some great little touches.

Food/Restaurant:
Great restaurant/bar within the hotel, the standard and quality of the food was great, it was perhaps a little too pretentious - great for a special night out but a bit too much if you're there all week. Having said that, this is downtown and there are loads of other places to eat. Very trendy roof top cocktail bar as well.

The Team:
I don't know whether it's just Cincinnati or a mid-west thing but people here are just very nice - the hotel's team were no different, eager to help and to stop and chat.

Pros
Great hotel whether for a vacation or for business. Clean rooms, good food and great staff.

Cons
Perhaps a bit too much road noise but that's not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Try and get a quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati
Reviewed September 29, 2013

***I should state also that I am in no way an Artist of any kind, so some of the real fit and finish of this hotel may have been lost on me.***

This is the first hotel that I've ever stayed in described as a 'boutique hotel'. The staff was incredibly friendly, on the spot with requests and even offered some great suggestions for places to go nearby. Check-in was a breeze, and the staff really felt like a Team with the way everything just went so smoothly - from the front desk to the Valet and everyone in-between, this was a great staff.

Our room reminded me of a place I stayed in New Orleans once. You can tell it was an older building, but it had lots of character. Everything was a Modern design and really tied together well - the Feng Shui was spot on. Incredibly comfortable bed (I have a bad back so I rarely fin hotel beds comfortable) and pillows. The room had a COLD mini-fridge that came stocked (cold mini fridges I feel are the elusive white rhino of hotel accommodations), central HVAC that worked great, and even had a speaker dock for folks using iPods - a unique and interesting touch that just shows how much these folks are paying attention. Lastly, the bathroom was a real hoot. I won't spoil it, they had tile that was unlike anything I've ever seen. Very neat!

The restaurant in hotel was probably what impressed me the most. My lady and I ordered the strip steak at the strong recommendation of our server and I had the smoked pork chop. Both of our meals were incredibly great. I'm a bit of a foodie, so it takes a lot to impress me - and I love a great steak. The strip steak probably was one of the best I've ever had, second to Harry Kerry's in downtown Chicago. I cannot compliment this kitchen enough - their food was _to die for_. On top of this, they had a pretty extensive beer collection with some fairly hard to come by beers (I'm also a bit of a beer snob and avid home brewer). While they were out of several beers I wanted, we found a surprising and suitable substitute - again at the recommendation of our server. I'd easily consider coming to Cincinnati again and making this restaurant one of my stops.

Lastly, this hotel is just a couple blocks from the Banks development which is home to a lot of the downtown nightlife. You could easily walk to the Reds or Bengals stadiums. Nicholson's pub is just next door, so make sure you visit them before you make your way down to the river. The Art museum inside wasn't really my thing, but there were quite a few people there as we went through so it must be pretty good.

What I loved: The restaurant, roof top lounge, staff, attention to detail

What I would change: Not a thing

Lexington, KY
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This property is even more interesting and fun than their hotel in Louisville, KY. First class treatment from the valet through checkout. Desk staff walked us to the elevator to ensure our room key worked for elevator security. While the room was compact, it certainly was ample for our needs. Huge TV that first turns on with animated art . Many interesting touches like bath and shower wall tiles with tasteful renderings of body parts scattered around -- nose, belly button, ...
Top quality linen and toiletries. The art museum covers two floors and is a delight -- contemporary, topical, diverse media. Look for the floor that leaves a wake as you walk, and the air shaft overhead. Extraordinary experience all around.

Ottawa
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wanted to visit the Cincinnati location of the hotel after we visited the one in Louisville. Again we went only for the modern art exhibit and were not disappointed. Simply stunning. Great concept for a hotel. Everyone should drop in to see the exhibit as it is opened all the time and is free.