“Innovative hotel for Gen X.”

21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Loved the ethos behind this hotel, great idea well executed - part art gallery, part modern hotel. I stayed here for business and we used the hotel's conference facilities on one of the days - it's a great, inspirational environment to work in.

What separates this hotel from the others? The little things - the attention to detail (turning the rooms down in the evening), the style (artwork everywhere) and the little touches of humour around the place (the bathroom tiles but I won't spoil it for you).

The Location:
Great for downtown Cincinnati

The Rooms:
Standard size doubles but spotlessly clean and well cared for. Some great little touches.

Food/Restaurant:
Great restaurant/bar within the hotel, the standard and quality of the food was great, it was perhaps a little too pretentious - great for a special night out but a bit too much if you're there all week. Having said that, this is downtown and there are loads of other places to eat. Very trendy roof top cocktail bar as well.

The Team:
I don't know whether it's just Cincinnati or a mid-west thing but people here are just very nice - the hotel's team were no different, eager to help and to stop and chat.

Pros
Great hotel whether for a vacation or for business. Clean rooms, good food and great staff.

Cons
Perhaps a bit too much road noise but that's not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Try and get a quiet room.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

***I should state also that I am in no way an Artist of any kind, so some of the real fit and finish of this hotel may have been lost on me.***

This is the first hotel that I've ever stayed in described as a 'boutique hotel'. The staff was incredibly friendly, on the spot with requests and even offered some great suggestions for places to go nearby. Check-in was a breeze, and the staff really felt like a Team with the way everything just went so smoothly - from the front desk to the Valet and everyone in-between, this was a great staff.

Our room reminded me of a place I stayed in New Orleans once. You can tell it was an older building, but it had lots of character. Everything was a Modern design and really tied together well - the Feng Shui was spot on. Incredibly comfortable bed (I have a bad back so I rarely fin hotel beds comfortable) and pillows. The room had a COLD mini-fridge that came stocked (cold mini fridges I feel are the elusive white rhino of hotel accommodations), central HVAC that worked great, and even had a speaker dock for folks using iPods - a unique and interesting touch that just shows how much these folks are paying attention. Lastly, the bathroom was a real hoot. I won't spoil it, they had tile that was unlike anything I've ever seen. Very neat!

The restaurant in hotel was probably what impressed me the most. My lady and I ordered the strip steak at the strong recommendation of our server and I had the smoked pork chop. Both of our meals were incredibly great. I'm a bit of a foodie, so it takes a lot to impress me - and I love a great steak. The strip steak probably was one of the best I've ever had, second to Harry Kerry's in downtown Chicago. I cannot compliment this kitchen enough - their food was _to die for_. On top of this, they had a pretty extensive beer collection with some fairly hard to come by beers (I'm also a bit of a beer snob and avid home brewer). While they were out of several beers I wanted, we found a surprising and suitable substitute - again at the recommendation of our server. I'd easily consider coming to Cincinnati again and making this restaurant one of my stops.

Lastly, this hotel is just a couple blocks from the Banks development which is home to a lot of the downtown nightlife. You could easily walk to the Reds or Bengals stadiums. Nicholson's pub is just next door, so make sure you visit them before you make your way down to the river. The Art museum inside wasn't really my thing, but there were quite a few people there as we went through so it must be pretty good.

What I loved: The restaurant, roof top lounge, staff, attention to detail

What I would change: Not a thing

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This property is even more interesting and fun than their hotel in Louisville, KY. First class treatment from the valet through checkout. Desk staff walked us to the elevator to ensure our room key worked for elevator security. While the room was compact, it certainly was ample for our needs. Huge TV that first turns on with animated art . Many interesting touches like bath and shower wall tiles with tasteful renderings of body parts scattered around -- nose, belly button, ...
Top quality linen and toiletries. The art museum covers two floors and is a delight -- contemporary, topical, diverse media. Look for the floor that leaves a wake as you walk, and the air shaft overhead. Extraordinary experience all around.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wanted to visit the Cincinnati location of the hotel after we visited the one in Louisville. Again we went only for the modern art exhibit and were not disappointed. Simply stunning. Great concept for a hotel. Everyone should drop in to see the exhibit as it is opened all the time and is free.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved, loved, LOVED my stay at this hotel. I was looking for a cool and hip hotel in the downtown area for the Oktoberfest weekend. 21c was all that and more.

First of all, the space is amazing. I felt like I was staying inside MOMA. The front desk is cool. They have done their best to maintain the architectural integrity of the property. They have tried to restore the tile in the restaurant. Our room had art. The hallways have art. Even the showers have a little something special ...including a rubber duckie. Be sure to check out the floor on your way to the lobby restroom.

Secondly, I have NEVER been treated so well by hotel staff. Every single person was friendly and helpful. From the front desk team to the housekeeping staff. It was just incredible to feel genuinely welcomed to this property.

The location cant be beat. We were one block from our event and about 4 blocks from riverfront and the sports stadiums. There were tons of great restaurants and bars nearby. The city has gone through an incredible.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Traveled to Cincinnati for business and decided to stay at 21c because the Westin was booked. Going forward, I'll stay at 21c anytime I'm in town!

Positives: 21c is in a great location and the staff is incredible -- super attentive and really focused on providing great service. The service/staff is definitely the best part. The guys at the valet station are amazing--even in the morning when it's fairly busy, they are great about getting your car as soon as possible. One even noticed I had an old Starbucks in my car and asked me if I wanted him to toss it out. Such great service. I need to send my apologies--I didn't have any cash so next time I come, I need to leave a generous tip. Service at the restaurant is also fantastic.

Negatives: The room itself is pretty neatly decorated but my room didn't have a lot of natural light. The carpet is a little worn and my shower was clogged but I'm sure if I had complained, they would have moved my room or fixed the shower but neither issue really bothered me for my short stay.

Definitely a great hotel!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the 21C Museum hotel during a business trip. Hotel was funky, modern and clean. The most pleasant surprise was the staff; customer focused, genuine and they appeared to enjoy working with each other.Fantastic experience!