“Surprises Everywhere You Turn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati

21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Lexington, KY
“Surprises Everywhere You Turn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This property is even more interesting and fun than their hotel in Louisville, KY. First class treatment from the valet through checkout. Desk staff walked us to the elevator to ensure our room key worked for elevator security. While the room was compact, it certainly was ample for our needs. Huge TV that first turns on with animated art . Many interesting touches like bath and shower wall tiles with tasteful renderings of body parts scattered around -- nose, belly button, ...
Top quality linen and toiletries. The art museum covers two floors and is a delight -- contemporary, topical, diverse media. Look for the floor that leaves a wake as you walk, and the air shaft overhead. Extraordinary experience all around.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wanted to visit the Cincinnati location of the hotel after we visited the one in Louisville. Again we went only for the modern art exhibit and were not disappointed. Simply stunning. Great concept for a hotel. Everyone should drop in to see the exhibit as it is opened all the time and is free.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved, loved, LOVED my stay at this hotel. I was looking for a cool and hip hotel in the downtown area for the Oktoberfest weekend. 21c was all that and more.

First of all, the space is amazing. I felt like I was staying inside MOMA. The front desk is cool. They have done their best to maintain the architectural integrity of the property. They have tried to restore the tile in the restaurant. Our room had art. The hallways have art. Even the showers have a little something special ...including a rubber duckie. Be sure to check out the floor on your way to the lobby restroom.

Secondly, I have NEVER been treated so well by hotel staff. Every single person was friendly and helpful. From the front desk team to the housekeeping staff. It was just incredible to feel genuinely welcomed to this property.

The location cant be beat. We were one block from our event and about 4 blocks from riverfront and the sports stadiums. There were tons of great restaurants and bars nearby. The city has gone through an incredible.

Highly recommend!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Traveled to Cincinnati for business and decided to stay at 21c because the Westin was booked. Going forward, I'll stay at 21c anytime I'm in town!

Positives: 21c is in a great location and the staff is incredible -- super attentive and really focused on providing great service. The service/staff is definitely the best part. The guys at the valet station are amazing--even in the morning when it's fairly busy, they are great about getting your car as soon as possible. One even noticed I had an old Starbucks in my car and asked me if I wanted him to toss it out. Such great service. I need to send my apologies--I didn't have any cash so next time I come, I need to leave a generous tip. Service at the restaurant is also fantastic.

Negatives: The room itself is pretty neatly decorated but my room didn't have a lot of natural light. The carpet is a little worn and my shower was clogged but I'm sure if I had complained, they would have moved my room or fixed the shower but neither issue really bothered me for my short stay.

Definitely a great hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the 21C Museum hotel during a business trip. Hotel was funky, modern and clean. The most pleasant surprise was the staff; customer focused, genuine and they appeared to enjoy working with each other.Fantastic experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

May I begin by saying I think the entire concept of Modern Art is stupid. So I had a bit of concern when Hotwire told me the name of my hotel (I assumed it would be the Cincinnatian).

The art is everywhere, but more whimsical and less "creepy" than expected. I could have done without the eyball in the shower--- but the rubber ducky smoothed it out a bit.

The room was cozy (except for the photo of the bucket of shrimp) Bed was fine.

The overall impression was "this place is spotless" --The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at outside of Germany.

Only complaint was Valet-- very expensive and someone swiped 2 quarters out of my ashtray. So either parking is not terribly secure or there is a petty thief parking cars. Other Valet complaint--- The seat in my car and my tilt wheel were not where they were when I left the car. I cracked my knee getting in the car.

I will stay here again, but will self park in the secure lot across the street.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I spent 8 years in Cincinnati so we come back for weekend visits a few times a year. This was our first stay at the 21c.

The very good: rooms are clean (loved the housekeeping staff), modern, and heads above other downtown hotels. The front desk staff was wonderful, as was the valet. (although it did take a bit to get our car... but they let us know this and suggested we call ahead). The location is great (a quick walk to BOCA!).

The pretty good: Spa: we did a couples massage with bath and scrub add on. Both of us enjoyed our massages. The bath add on was worth the money, and the couples massage room adds to a romantic weekend. The scrub I could do without. I also had a facial and pedicure. My pedicure was very good. The facial was just okay... very expensive.. just not a good value.

The OK: We didn't eat at the restaurant. But did get room service a few times. The food was good, the service left something to be desired. The person who answers the phone is down the the restaurant, it is loud and hard to hear them (and for them to hear you) during peak hours. I think this contributed to them missing part of our breakfast order. I also got the feeling that they were annoyed each time I called. For a hotel of this caliber I expect more.

The annoying: The street noise... we were on the 4th floor. I could hear traffic and bar noise all night.

In summary: I like the hotel, I might stay again. I was disappointed by the room service and the outside noise. I think that if they improve the room service I would feel like I was getting a better value.

• 4 of 5 bubbles