“Adorable boutique hotel in Cincy”

21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a great hotel. The decor is amazing, very cool art museum combined with an older historic building updated with modern styling. I thoroughly enjoyed this stay. The staff was very friendly, the room clean and comfortable. The restaraunt Metropole was excellent too. We received a private tour of the art exhibits from Michael, and that was incredible too. I wish we could have stayed longer and tried the spa. Definitely the place to stay in Cincinnati!

Room Tip: inner courtyard overlooking the light display
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank helenfr0mtn
There are newer reviews for 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great location and great decor. Room was nice with modern fixtures. Nice change of pace to the standard set of hotels in Cincinnati. Not a fan of the restaurant, but the bar is nice and they make good drinks. Walking distance to some great restaurants : Jeff Rubys, Nada, First Watch, etc. I didn't go into the museum part, but i will check that out next time.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Damon F
Reviewed March 15, 2013

finally a hotel which is modern, clean and designed with some taste. loved the spacey room and the nice touch of art both at the reception and in the room...tough I expected more. they have a nice fitness and a restaurant next door. really worth trying!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PleasuresHunt
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a business outing, it was brand new, I think we were the first to stay in our room. The decor was amazing, everything was comfortable, the guest services were quick and helpful. We loved it so much, we took our children back to stay during a Christmas event going on downtown Cincinnati. A wonderful place, close to everything, clean, beautiful, and friendly. I would highly recommend for anyone needing to stay downtown. Upgrade to a deluxe suite if you can!

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to deluxe suite, worth the money!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nichole H
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Lovely, newly renovated hotel with contemporary art motif. Cool, unexpected touches EVERYWHERE, form the check-in desk, to the rooms. Lobby has great exhibits, so do the hallways. Permanent photo exhibits are just lovely and lend a great "feel" to the property. A witty addition are the numerous 4 foot yellow penguin mascots that are everywhere! You may find one standing at your table at the Metropole restaurant ( fantastic for dinner or brunch), or you might find one outside your door in the morning. Or on the elevator. Rooms are luxurious, clean, minimalist, with humorous touches in the bathroom. I won't spoil it for you, so you'll have to see for yourself. Great location, easy walk to the riverfront. Lots of pubs, restaurants,shopping within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Leonard S
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We read the other reviews for this location prior to going, and I must say, that they are right. The location is excellent and the art/sculpturing is fantastic. Let's talk about the good stuff first:
It is somewhat family friendly.. Depending on your stance on art... There are naked sculptures of various 'younger' individuals which might be hard to explain to a 4 - 8 year old located in the lobby. Nothing grotesque, just the human form. I had no problem with it for my son.

-The employees are *EXTREMELY* friendly. It is a different kind of check in. No offical "front desk" as most hotels employ, this is just an art exhibit table with 6400 hands holding it up. (When you check in, you will know what I mean ;))
-We had the same man help with our luggage from the car, waited through the check in process, and followed us to the room. That was excellent!
-It's kind of silly, but we LOVED the penguins. They are giant (4') yellow and they seemingly travel throughout the hotel and end up in different locations constantly. (We helped too! We moved one off the elevator and left it on the 5th floor.) It was fun!
-The Room:
- Kind of small, that was workable, just a note
- VERY clean and smelled AWESOME
- Bathroom had its own "art" in the wall, a bellybutton, lips, a breast, an ear, and a nose were pushed out of various tiles. Neat!
- Robes that were furnished were VERY nice as well.
- The bed??? OMG! HONESTLY THE BEST NIGHTS SLEEP I HAVE HAD IN YEARS! TALK about comfort?! Ahhhhhhhhhh is all I can say.

- Onto the very, very few negatives in my personal opinion.

It is nice to have someone available for your needs, but I am a frugal individual who would rather go get my own ice, and not have to tip someone. Pretty much everything you need or want involves a tip of some sort. I am OK with that to a point, but, it was a little much.

I read in another review that the electric grass was good. I was expecting a little more. To me, the various artworks on various floors trumped that. I would take a pass on that if it came around again.

So, that's it! It really is a very good location, but if traveling "frugally", this might be a bit extravagant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed March 4, 2013

i wanted to stay here cause it was a good location for us to take a break after a long drive. we had stayed at a 21c in louisville and i loved it. this place is just as great. the check in was nice and the lobby desk is the coolest ever. i like these hotels cause of all the art they have to look at. the room was very well done and we did get an upgrade as well. very roomy and the bed was so nice. if ever in cincy again i would stay here in a heartbeat. thanks for the good time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple