“My meal was ok but would go again”
Review of Allyn's

Allyn's
Ranked #256 of 1,970 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
“My meal was ok but would go again”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went to Allyn's with my sister and brother in law who live around the block. The restaurant was clean and the staff was friendly. The beer selection was good and fair priced.

My SIL got the wrap which she really enjoyed. My BIL got the jambalaya and the portion was gigantic-- he got the dinner portion and not the small one. He took half of it home for leftovers. My boyfriend tried it and he thought it was delicious as well.

As for us, my boyfriend got their hot wings and he thought they were fantastic. He eats wings whenever he can and he usually just says wings are alright. But these he said were much better than he expected and he really enjoyed them.

I ordered the seafood platter, which came with catfish, popcorn shrimp, scallops, and hush puppies. The catfish was good, but could've used a few more minutes on the grill and terribly overseasoned. I wound up wiping off a lot of the it. The popcorn shrimp was alright, and I went against my better judgement by ordering something with fried fish. The scallop-- yes ONE scallop, which is ridiculous-- was undercooked. The hushpuppies were delicious, and I ordered a baked potato but received the wrong side and it took me eating my whole meal before getting my potato.

I would go again because of the location and the quality of everyone else's food. I probably would steer clear of their seafood.

• Visited July 2014

Loveland, Ohio
“Solid choice for Cincy Cajun...”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Good atmosphere... decent prices, but great diverse menu. Food is very good. Portions are plentiful... Service is friendly... sometimes slower than desired, but I return regularly for the food. Good stuff!

Visited May 2014
Charlottesville, VA, United States
“Great Neighborhood Spot”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Allyn himself is almost always there! Food is fun and delicious. Always a party there. Great for families or groups.

Visited June 2013
Greater Cincinnati
“Trimmed Down Menu, Same Great Beer Selection”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I stopped in here during Cincinnati Beer Week. We love that they trimmed down their menu from the first time we ate here (about 5 years ago). The food choices are now basic, comfortable, and reasonably priced. The service is great. And the beer selection makes this place one of our favorite stops.

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A longtime favorite”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was somewhat skeptical when Allyn's remodeled a couple of years ago and updated their bar area -- was afraid the place would lose its comfortable, relaxed feel. And while the new bar does have a more upscale look and feel about it, the rest of the place is as awesome as ever. Tons of beers to choose from and a very eclectic menu. My husband almost always goes for the Mardi Gras pasta and I almost always opt for the Black Bean salad -- it's a mixture of salad greens, rice, black beans, onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cheese, and lots of other yummy stuff and the homemade, creamy jalapeno dressing is awesome!

• Visited September 2013