“Delicious!”

Nicola's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicola's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,970 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty Street
Description: Nicola's is located on the corner of East Liberty and Sycamore Street
Miami, Florida
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant when visiting Cincinnati. My friends live there and picked Nicholas for the amazing food and service. Huge wine list, knowledgeable staff, great atmosphere. Don't miss this!!!

• Korean first
Okauchee, Wisconsin
“One of Cincy's Gems”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you're looking for original Italian, this is the place. Many of the recipes date back to the owners Grandparents. Our waiter was very informed into the delicacies of the preparation of our meals. We were given the option of eating inside or outside on the patio, we ate outside on their patio,. The patio is very nice with plenty of space between tables giving each table the proper privacy. The wine selection was good and tasty. I will return to this gem

• Visited September 2013
Fairborn, Ohio
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had been anticipating our first visit to Nicola's and were not disappointed. We were seated promptly and our waitress was very patient with us asking all sorts of questions about the menu. The wine list is varied and has some Italian wines by the glass that I have not seen in a US restaurant before. We started with the boucheron goat cheese salad. It was the best salad that I have ever had. Then, we split a half order of the potato gnocchi. Sublime. I had the seared yellowfin tuna for my entrée. It was a tasty piece of fish, as good as I have gotten in Hawaii where the ahi is caught locally. My wife had the tenderloin. I was not as enthused about the taste as she was - it was marinated in some Italian herbs that gave it a different flavor from what I like. Her steak came out a little underdone, but our waitress promptly took it back and had it cooked to perfection. My wife thought the steak was excellent, so if that's your taste, you'll like it. For dessert, we had the chocolate mousse. It was not what we expected. The mousse was three thimble size pieces of chocolate, not at all light and airy like we expect mousse to be. The centerpiece of the plate was a dollop of chocolate gelato, which was excellent. I'm not a fan of passion fruit, but the banana bread was good. Next time, I'm sticking with just the chocolate gelato.

The building that houses Nicola's looks to be an older building. Nicola's left the exposed brick on the interior and added a mezzanine area for dining. When we dined, there was a large (50 person) birthday party going on in the central dining area. The staff was able to cater to the party and to the other guests without any obvious interference to either. There is a patio as well.

1 Thank pharvey841
Centerville and Naples
“Outstanding Service and Food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our first visit to Nicola's, and we were not disappointed in any way. Chip the bartender for the evening was both friendly and very helpful, even recommending a wine they didn't carry, but we later found at a local wine merchant. His warm greeting and handshake while we relaxed in the bar before going to our table was a great way to start the evening. For dinner, June was our excellent server, who recognized our every need without being disruptive. We shared the antipasti lazy Susan, each had a half portion of pastas, and then shared the lamb. Every item we ate was prepared perfectly. When we are in the area again, we will definitely return to Nicola's. We arrived early for our reservation, so we were able to part on the street; otherwise, we recommend you use the $5 valet service.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Tasty Italian, great wines”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate dinner at the bar, and the bar was full all night. I'm not certain if it was only on Mondays, but they had a great "deal" for dinner - green salad and a small bolognese pasta dish, which was very tasty and reasonably priced. The restaurant always has excellent, tasty food, excellent service, and a fun, hip atmosphere. If you're looking for a great night out or you want to try something new, certainly give Nicola's a try.