“One of the best, if not THE best meal EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicola's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,878 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty Street
Description: Nicola's is located on the corner of East Liberty and Sycamore Street
“One of the best, if not THE best meal EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I visited Nicola's about 3 years ago while in town for the 1/2 marathon. My friend and I went back and forth about getting ready to do to dinner or just do something simple. We still talk today about how happy we were that we got ready for Nicola's. The atmosphere is very nice. They start you out with a bread basket that sounds simple but it was the BEST bread basket we has every had! Their pan fried gnocchi with truffle shavings and 4 cheeses is out of this world! I have yet to eat better gnocchi anywhere! There isn't much to rave about Cincinnati, besides their Flying Pig Half Marathon, but I would drive back there for another dinner at Nicola's in a heartbeat! Don't let the neighborhood or surroundings deter you from eating at this place.

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“A favorite in Cincy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very nice restaurant. Very good food. Location was a bit far from the heart of down town. We had a few dinners here that I really enjoyed.

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Been here several times. Always great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We love eating here....I've been with a small group, large group, on a holiday, for special occasions, and it is always very good. I can't be more specific because we have never had a bad meal. It is special but doesn't feel pretentious. I highly recommend it

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We eat here every couple of months. The service is very good, not as nice as some of the competition, but the wait staff is always professional and knowledgeable. Our meals have ranged from very good to exceptional. The bread alone is worth the trip. Always among the three restaurants I recommend to friends coming to Cincinnati.

• Visited November 2012
“New to the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am visiting Cincinnati for the first time to help my daughter move here. I wanted to bring her to a special restaurant on my last evening here, and Nicola's was definitely the right choice. It has it all...from attentive and enthusuastic wait staff and interesting decor to fabulous wine and incredible food. We thoroughly enjoyed (and emptied) the very fresh and diverse bread basket and we both loved our pasta dishes. I will definitely be back to Nicolas on my next visit!

• Visited June 2013