WINNER WONDERLAND

“Always a nice experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nicola's Ristorante

Nicola's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicola's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,915 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty Street
Description: Nicola's is located on the corner of East Liberty and Sycamore Street
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always a nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here with some friends for Valentines weekend. We normally love this place - the presentation of the food and quality and service are always excellent but for some reason it fell a little short of what I remembered from prior visits regarding value. I expected the bill to be about $30 less than it was.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best choice for a Valentine's make-up dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Since we missed Valentine's Day, my husband selected this restaurant for our make-up dinner. We got there before 6 on a Fri night so didn't need reservations (usually required) and were able to find free parking spot on street (valet available). Nice atmosphere, music & wonderful waiter. Handmade breads, and even my pasta dish was handmade and delicious. My husband had the rabbit risotto and raved about this unique dish. For a gourmet restaurant, the portions weren't too small but just right. Wonderful experience -- we hope to return soon.

Salina
“Perhaps the best meal I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went to Nicola's for a business dinner with two colleagues. This was quite possibly the best meal I've ever had, and I've had some pretty good meals! The attention by the wait staff was phenomenal. Pay attention as four servers approach your table from the four corners of the room. It's a work of art! They were more than willing to answer any questions we had about the menu and to make recommendations or accommodations. Very friendly and pleasant. The food is absolutely outstanding. We shared appetizers; I had lamb as my main course. We shared desserts. Can't say enough about the food, wine and service.

• Visited March 2012
“the real deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the best Italian food in town. Bring your wallet as it is pricy. Well worth the price. Great for any special occasion.

Visited August 2012
Beijing, China
“A little short of excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a nice dinner here but it was inconsistent and hence fell a little short of being excellent. Service was top class throughout - attentive but not overbearing. The bread basket with a variety of flatbreads and tasty truffle scented bread was great. The starter was a delicious seared scallops complemented nicely by crispy prosciutto , salsify and a light bit of truffle and mascarpone. The mascarpone was a touch too sweet but this was a minor issue. My pasta course was a delicious lobster tagliolini, slightly under seasoned but still very delicious. My main, a seared duck breast with mushrooms and foie gras , was unfortunately undercooked and under seasoned , although the accompaniment of delicious mustard infused cherries and sweet potato purée with the foie helped to resurrect the dish. The gelato was excellent- a delicious salted caramel, tiramisu and dark chocolate combination. A great selection of Italian wines by the bottle and glass accompany the food. Net a solid meal, with only a minor disappointment in my main course- worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013