“Great utilisation of a public amenity”
Review of Washington Park

and up
The Nati in a Nutshell Cincinnati Food Tour Including Carew Tower Entrance Fee
Ranked #23 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The park has apparently reen reconstructed not so long ago and looks pretty good. The afternoon we were there a large scale fitness program with instructors leading a diverse group of people in the late afternoon, looked a fun way to bring the community together.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife & I were here with friends for an event called Luminocity. The event which began at 8:30 in the evening featured performances by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, The Cincinnati Ballet's second company, the Cincinnati Opera, and young dancers and musicians from a couple of different programs. The evening was capped off with a laser light show accompanied by the Symphony, projected on the facade of historic Music Hall which is located directly across from the park. The entertainment was all excellent. The setting is very pretty.

There were food booths, and craft booths next to the event area, in which to pass some time before the performance.

But, it is a hassle to have to arrive four or five hours before the performance in order to ensure a place to sit. Admission was limited by distribution of tickets in advance of the event. The tickets were free; but limited in number. All seating was "carry your own" (in other words, bring your own lawn chair). Twelve thousand people with lawn chairs, vying for the best vantage point is not great fun (at least, for me). If anyone has a good idea on a better way to conduct this type of event, please pass that info along to the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.

For me, it was worth doing once. But, I can't say that I would be willing to invest that much of my time to see a similar performance again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This park is pretty. You only need to spend about 10 minutes there, unless you have kids who want to splash in the fountains or a picnic to eat. It's nice and well-kept. It is surrounded by a bit of a sketchy neighborhood. We were happy to find free parking a block over, but turns out it was a bit of a scary walk from our car to the park. I wouldn't recommend parking very far away after dark. Take a cab since it's safer.

2  Thank kkg003
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This park is beautiful. What a renovation for an area which was declared total unsafe. It is, of course, a brand new park which makes it more impressive.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This park is amazing! There is a playground for the kids, plenty of parking underneath, and always something going on. I took my 9 year old son down there this morning, there was some type of festival going on with food vendors and entertainment. We loved it. He played and we had lunch. The park itself is in a rough neighborhood, but as long as you just stay in the park itself, you are very safe. I would highly recommend visiting it, you will not be disappointed.