“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crave - CLOSED

Crave
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Asian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Chicago, IL
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Sushi was such a surprise. It was really good. Service was also very nice. Love how the food was plated.

Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“Great food in up-and-coming location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Crave has good food and selection of food. You might not be able to tell by the name, but this restaurant offers a range of Western dishes (ranging from seafood to meats), but it also serves sushi. Regarding the latter, they had a lot of unique and somewhat crazy rolls. I was with a work party in a private room and there were a lot of folks who ordered sushi. They also have what they call a "boat" that is literally a huge boat (that acts as the plate) full of sushi. Kinda crazy, but it must have been good since the table that ordered it pretty much demolished it!

I had sea bass, which was excellently cooked. The way it was made allowed the natural flavor of the sea bass to shine through and be complimented and enhanced. I have a pretty high bar for sea bass and this definitely met it. I wasn't so crazy about the accompanying noodles as they were too salty for my taste, but the sea bass itself made up for that. It would have been great if the noodles were equally delicious though! We also had a whole bunch of appetizers for the team, all of which were quite well made.

They also have a variety of desserts which weren't bad at all. I wouldn't say they were the best I've ever had, but the stand out was the cheesecake. The let down was the fruit tart.

The service was a bit spotty, but maybe that's because we had a big group of people.

• Visited June 2013
Ohio
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went for lunch, and had one of THE tastiest hamburgers. Our service was awesome. I will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Slow Service - Average Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The service was extremely slow and the staff appeared inexperienced and not knowledgable about the menu. With the advertising and hype around the opening of this eatery, I was expecting great food. My group of 4 were all equally disappointed in the presentation, taste and quality of the food served. Not a place that I will choose to return to.

Visited March 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
“Brunch is average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have never been to Crave for their usual specialty which is sushi, but tried out their brunch offering yesterday with it's great location right next to Reds stadium. Started off on the wrong foot a bit. In trying to find a place to go for brunch of course I'd used trip advisor and open table reviews to find a place, and noticed that both sites and Crave's very own website touted the sunday brunch for $15.95. Our server greeted us warmly and told us about the brunch buffet and said it was $19.95 per person. Well, ok, guess it's higher today. The buffet itself was average. The first time through was kind of disappointed that the bacon was barely cooked. We asked our server if the chef could perhaps prepare us some bacon that was crispy, which they did oblige. I noticed our second time through the line that the newer batch of bacon was also crispy now. Well at least somebody was paying attention there. On the brunch line there was only one tray of eggs, so the line was constantly getting held up as that was the most popular item of course and would quickly be emptied by the diners. Would definitely suggest they add a tray of eggs which would help the service efficiency. The did have a nice selection of desserts on the buffet and it does come with a choice of orange juice, champagne or mimosa.

All in all I thought it was just average, probably would not go back for brunch anyway. Total bill with two cups of coffee at $49.

• Visited May 2013