“Best burger I have had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crave - CLOSED

Crave
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Asian, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Best burger I have had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My first experience at Crave when it first opened was amazing. I went there with friends before a Reds game and we each tried somethign different. I got the Crave burger, and I have to say it was the best burger I've had. I have been there several times since and can say the place gets extremely crowded and slightly overpriced, but it is a nice option if you are down in that area.

• Visited July 2012

Cincinnati
“Fair......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I had brunch at Crave today. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. It was busy - - - I'm glad we had the reservation.

The interior is nice. It's modern and well decorated.

My first gripe is with the brunch. The brunch is served at your table - basically they bring you plates with an assortment of items. The menu clearly lists all of the items you are supposed to get. We did not get the sausage. About half way through our meal, we asked about the sausage. They brought us sausage. But why did we have to ask? It was supposed to be included. At least one other reviewer made the same observation - they short you of items.

We asked for coffee. After a very long wait, it arrived. My wife asked for cream and sugar. Our waitress brought the cream and said she'd come back with the sugar. It never happened. After about 10 minutes we asked someone else, who did bring the sugar. Again, bad service.

We had the same problem with my orange juice. I got an initial glass. I drank it. Our server never once offered to refill it - - - it sat empty for the entire meal. The server who brought our sugar asked if I wanted another glass. I said yes. The orange juice never came, and we were there at least 20 minutes after he said he'd get it. More bad service.

Service. Our server seemed like she was trying to ignore us. Not looking our way. Greeting the table next to us, but making sure her back always faced us. I had to forcefully get her attention to ask for things. I know the place was busy, but the poor service overshadowed the fair food.

Overall the food was just ok. Our eggs were cold. The hash browns were cold and mushy. The french toast was good. The cinnamon rolls lacked flavor. The bacon was yummy.

Maybe this place would be better when it’s slow, or with something other than the brunch. I’ll never know, because I’m not going back

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sarasota, Florida
“A Happening Place and Great Brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I treated my parents to Sunday Brunch. They quickly noticed that they seemed to be the only senior adults in the place. Even though the restaurant was very busy, the wait was short. All 3 of us very much enjoyed the brunch. The food is served family style at your table rather than on a buffet. We enjoyed fresh fruit, eggs, bacon & sausage, hash browns, cinnamon rolls, whole wheat toast and an especially delicious blueberry french toast. We had the option of OJ, champagne or a mimosa with the meal.

As a Cincinnati native that has moved away, I loved looking out the restaurant window into the entrance to the Great American Ball Park.

I plan to return with my husband next time we visit Cincinnati.

• Visited January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Overpriced and average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband I waited for about an hour for a table. We had appetizers and drinks at the bar. The appetizer was better than the meal to me. The white sangria was delicious. I was not impressed enough with the food to ever have a desire to go back.

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I had a babysitter for the night and were looking to try somewhere new. My wife wanted to try Crave. I was a little hesitant because I had heard very mixed reviews from friends and family, but I'm glad we went.

The first thing I noticed is that it's a bit loud and even though we were seated far from the entrance, I could still feel a cold draft every time someone walked through the doors. That being said, it wasn't a big deal and the chic, energetic vibe was nice and added something to the overall experience. The service was also very good throughout the night and the manager stopped by each table to make sure guests were happy, which is always a nice touch.

After also considering the brick oven mac and cheese and the Kogi beef tacos (which looked amazing), we ordered the Crave Burger, a brick oven Margherita pizza and the s'more brownie for dessert.

The pizza was very good, although my wife enjoyed it more than I did. The crust had a nice flavor, with visible seasonings baked in throughout. I also appreciated the texture. It had a crispness that easily gave way to a tender chewy bite. As with most fresh mozzarella pizzas, the cheese didn't cover the whole pie, but that was expected. And there was nothing particularly special about the sauce or toppings. However, the biggest reason I didn't like the pizza more was because there was a substantial dusting of flour left on the bottom of the crust, which gave each bite a somewhat unpleasant, drying mouthfeel. Overall it was good, just not great, but I think my wife would order it again.

The burger, on the other hand, was a real winner. It was nice and juicy and cooked perfectly. The meat had a delicious seasoned flavor, the bakery style bun was tasty and stood up to the burger without overpowering it and the toppings seemed fresh. I had higher hopes for the house made pickles, but they didn't really stand out. The burger came with thin, crispy seasoned fries that were really good. There are lots of places that claim to have good burgers, but most don't usually live up to the hype. And fries are often an unimaginative afterthought, so I was really pleased with Crave's take on both.

The s'more brownie was interesting. It was good, but I'm the fence as to whether or not I'd order it again. There was a layer of graham crust, then a chocolate brownie, then toasted marshmallow topped with whole cookies. There was also a small scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I expected the cookies to be ginger snaps because of the way they looked, but I think they may have been graham-flavored. The ice cream was not all that flavorful and was somewhat icy, rather than smooth and creamy. The biggest thing that kept my head spinning was the noticeable salt flavor in almost every bite. I like salt a lot in general and am also a big believer that adding a little salt goes a long way to help subtly bring out flavors when making a dessert, but this was a bit too much. And I got that salty taste in every bite, so I couldn't really tell where it was coming from - the graham, the brownie, the marshmallow, even the ice cream. It was almost like, rather than adding some salt when baking, they salted the whole dessert prior to serving. I wouldn't go as far as to say that the saltiness made it unpleasant, it was just definitely a little misplaced.

Overall, we're glad we went and look forward to going back sometime soon.

• Visited February 2013