“Great ice cream”

Ranked #1 of 55 Dessert in Cincinnati
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Clifton
Description: Handcrafted for Five Generations Since 1870. Louis and Regina Graeter started handcrafting Graeter's Ice Cream in 1870. Today, generations later, we proudly remain a family owned and operated company. This is made possible thanks to you, our legion of loyal fans. For a century and a half, Graeter's has remained steadfast in our commitment to making ice cream not the easy way, but rather, the only way it should be: by hand, with real cream, sugar and eggs, in 2 gallon French Pots one batch at a time.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stopped by this ice cream store a few times when we were in Cincinnati. Some of the best ice cream I ever had anywhere. They have multiple chocolate chip flavors. The chocolate chips were the largest I have ever seen in ice cream cones. Also very creamy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

They need to describe their flavors not as "chip" but rather "chunk." I tried the peanut butter chip with added peanut butter sauce. I thought I had died & gone to heaven! Lots of unique specialty sundaes too.

I would return just for more ice cream. Join their loyalty club & earn points to redeem for goodies.

1  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Always save room for dessert at Graeters! Awesome ice cream and unique flavors. So creamy! Good place to stop for a late night scoop or sundae. Always clean, always friendly and always quick. Outside tables to enjoy your ice cream in the summer breeze.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I just received an e-mail from Trip Advisor showing the 10 top Ice Cream Parlors in the US. There is absolutely no way that their tasters tried Graeters from Cincinnati, Ohio. I have tasted ice creams from all over and Graeters is by far the best! Oprah voted the vanilla the best she ever had eaten. They have expanded their sales to Columbus, Ohio and to Krogers and other grocers around the country. My favorite is Chocolate chip. It has huge chips of dark chocolate that melt in your mouth. They have also started making a "less indulgent" ice cream with fewer calories. They also make a great Gelato especially the dark chocolate truffle. AMAZINGLY GOOD! You have to try it to see and I am sure you will agree! Pass the word through Tripadvisor!

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My daughter lives in Cincinnati and said this was the best place to get ice cream and she was right. The ice cream was rich and creamy. I had butter pecan and next time I will get a double scoop.