“It's Good!”

Ranked #1 of 59 Dessert in Cincinnati
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Clifton
Description: Handcrafted for Five Generations Since 1870. Louis and Regina Graeter started handcrafting Graeter's Ice Cream in 1870. Today, generations later, we proudly remain a family owned and operated company. This is made possible thanks to you, our legion of loyal fans. For a century and a half, Graeter's has remained steadfast in our commitment to making ice cream not the easy way, but rather, the only way it should be: by hand, with real cream, sugar and eggs, in 2 gallon French Pots one batch at a time.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stopped in to get some of the famous Graeter's Ice Cream on my recent Cincy visit and I'm glad I did. I had their most popular flavor (Black Raspberry Chip) as recommended and a scoop of my own choosing Black Cherry Chocolate-chip and I throughly enjoyed both. I was a little hesitant with the Black Raspberry Chip but it was actually very good--the more I ate the better I liked it and it ended up being a little better than my choice of Black Cherry Chocolate chip. The ice cream is really creamy and I wanted more. The two together were a nice compliment. Definitely recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

No wonder Money Magazine has always ranked Graeter's as one of the best--if not the best--ice creams in the United States. Rasberry Chocolate Chunk... WOW.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Everyone who comes to Cincinnati has to try Greaters...the icecream is unique, perhaps due to the massive chocolate chips, the flavors or the fat content. But, it is so delicious that it is a "must have" for visitors. SInce Graeter's is not sold many places outside of Cincinnati it makes the calories well worth it!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Taste the best cold ice cream in the country! The favors with chocolate chips are my favorite and there are many!
No other ice cream beats Graeter's thats all I can say! End of story!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We love Greaters. They have the best ice cream with BIG chocolate chips. WE love the Bucky Blitz and the raspberry chip. They have good baked items and cute t-shirts/gifts too!