“Always Decadent!”

Ranked #1 of 55 Dessert in Cincinnati
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Clifton
Description: Handcrafted for Five Generations Since 1870. Louis and Regina Graeter started handcrafting Graeter's Ice Cream in 1870. Today, generations later, we proudly remain a family owned and operated company. This is made possible thanks to you, our legion of loyal fans. For a century and a half, Graeter's has remained steadfast in our commitment to making ice cream not the easy way, but rather, the only way it should be: by hand, with real cream, sugar and eggs, in 2 gallon French Pots one batch at a time.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We adore the French Pot method of making this ice cream. The "chocolate chips" are more like glaciers!!

This is a must-stop on every list when we entertain people.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have to stop at Graeters whenever I visit Cincinnati. The ice cream is creamy and delicious. The flavors are fantastic and I can't believe how the chocolate chips stay sort of soft. Yum. One note of caution...I bought some packaged chocolate chip cookies to take home. They were awful-tasted stale. So, stick to the ice cream!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Icecream selection and freshness is top notch. The staff is friendly and very patient with the young people in our crew. The shop is clean and comfortable. We are regulars.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We used to live in Cincinnati and every time we make a trip back we have to stop and get some! Toffee chip is my personal fav. Would love to have a store in Indy!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife is originally from the Cincinnati area. We never go to Cincinnati without stopping at Graeter's Ice Cream. Their name is actually a misnomer because they sell bakery products and chocolate confections too. Their ice cream is very, very good. My palate finds its creamier than most. The flavors taste true and not like artificial powders or syrups added as an afterthought. Good stuff!

So if you go to Cincy there are two absolute stops -- Skyline Chili, and then cool your tummy afterwards with some Graeter's Ice Cream. Once you eat at these two Cincinnati institutions you'll thank me for my advice.