“Best Ice Cream Ever, Period!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Graeter's Ice Cream

Graeter's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 48 Dessert in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Clifton
Description: Handcrafted for Five Generations Since 1870. Louis and Regina Graeter started handcrafting Graeter's Ice Cream in 1870. Today, generations later, we proudly remain a family owned and operated company. This is made possible thanks to you, our legion of loyal fans. For a century and a half, Graeter's has remained steadfast in our commitment to making ice cream not the easy way, but rather, the only way it should be: by hand, with real cream, sugar and eggs, in 2 gallon French Pots one batch at a time.
Chicago, IL
“Best Ice Cream Ever, Period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have to stop at Graeters whenever I visit Cincinnati. The ice cream is creamy and delicious. The flavors are fantastic and I can't believe how the chocolate chips stay sort of soft. Yum. One note of caution...I bought some packaged chocolate chip cookies to take home. They were awful-tasted stale. So, stick to the ice cream!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Icecream selection and freshness is top notch. The staff is friendly and very patient with the young people in our crew. The shop is clean and comfortable. We are regulars.

Avon, Indiana
“Best ice cream on the planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We used to live in Cincinnati and every time we make a trip back we have to stop and get some! Toffee chip is my personal fav. Would love to have a store in Indy!

• 4 of 5 stars
Someset, KY
“A Cincinnati Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife is originally from the Cincinnati area. We never go to Cincinnati without stopping at Graeter's Ice Cream. Their name is actually a misnomer because they sell bakery products and chocolate confections too. Their ice cream is very, very good. My palate finds its creamier than most. The flavors taste true and not like artificial powders or syrups added as an afterthought. Good stuff!

So if you go to Cincy there are two absolute stops -- Skyline Chili, and then cool your tummy afterwards with some Graeter's Ice Cream. Once you eat at these two Cincinnati institutions you'll thank me for my advice.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Ice Cream Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Graeter's Ice Cream is nationally famous -- and justly so. As a chocolate addict I find their chip ice creams the perfect fix. No sawdust size chocolate particles defile Graeter's Ice Creams. The chocolate in them appears as huge delicious chunks. I highly recommend their chocolate chip, mocha chip, raspberry chocolate chip -- and any other chip flavors they may be featuring. Completely delectable!