WINNER WONDERLAND

Graeter's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 50 Dessert in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Clifton
Description: Handcrafted for Five Generations Since 1870. Louis and Regina Graeter started handcrafting Graeter's Ice Cream in 1870. Today, generations later, we proudly remain a family owned and operated company. This is made possible thanks to you, our legion of loyal fans. For a century and a half, Graeter's has remained steadfast in our commitment to making ice cream not the easy way, but rather, the only way it should be: by hand, with real cream, sugar and eggs, in 2 gallon French Pots one batch at a time.
Avon, Indiana
“Best ice cream on the planet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We used to live in Cincinnati and every time we make a trip back we have to stop and get some! Toffee chip is my personal fav. Would love to have a store in Indy!

Someset, KY
“A Cincinnati Tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife is originally from the Cincinnati area. We never go to Cincinnati without stopping at Graeter's Ice Cream. Their name is actually a misnomer because they sell bakery products and chocolate confections too. Their ice cream is very, very good. My palate finds its creamier than most. The flavors taste true and not like artificial powders or syrups added as an afterthought. Good stuff!

So if you go to Cincy there are two absolute stops -- Skyline Chili, and then cool your tummy afterwards with some Graeter's Ice Cream. Once you eat at these two Cincinnati institutions you'll thank me for my advice.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Ice Cream Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Graeter's Ice Cream is nationally famous -- and justly so. As a chocolate addict I find their chip ice creams the perfect fix. No sawdust size chocolate particles defile Graeter's Ice Creams. The chocolate in them appears as huge delicious chunks. I highly recommend their chocolate chip, mocha chip, raspberry chocolate chip -- and any other chip flavors they may be featuring. Completely delectable!

Visited February 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“You Scream, I Scream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We all Scream for Ice Cream...Graeter's, that is. This is the best ice cream east of the Mississippi and west of the Mississippi. Ask anyone who's tried it...the creamy smoothness, the rich flavor, the humongous dark chocolate chunks in the Chip flavors, the variety of flavors...I could go on and on and on, but I won't. Thankfully, for those who don't live in the Cincinnati area, Kroger's grocery chain carries the hand packed...and it's worth every penny. Ice cream is my favorite food and Graeter's is my top brand choice every time!

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“well worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Graeter's. I have always loved it, especially since I am a native Cincinnatian. There will never be any ice cream place that will top it.

• Visited December 2012