“Nice But Rushed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palomino

Palomino
Reserve with OpenTable
Palomino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 5th
Description: Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.
Kent
“Nice But Rushed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I travel on my own a lot on business and like to get out of the hotel and eat locally. I booked The Palomino for Saturday night online, clearly stating that I was a table for 1 and the experience was mixed. I appreciate that on Saturday night, the restaurant wants to turn tables and I expect a single person isn't going to be a big spender but I really felt that they could not wait to get me gone and the next customer in. The pasta I had was very nice and I do not like to rush dinner but I also don't take ages. However, not only did I not get my water refreshed, the very nice but obviously busy waitress came along before I finished and asked if I wanted my check and put her hand on my plate and asked if I was done. I know I should have said 'no I haven't' but her hand was out and I just felt not so very welcome overall, so let her take it
I was in and out in 40 minutes!
Plus there was only one loo working so I spent 10 of those minutes in a queue in the ladies
So a real shame. I have been coming to Cincinnati for several months now and during the week, this is not a very busy restaurant so they have lost a potential customer mid week. As I say, the usual great American service but not really.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
mandycp,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. It does not live up to your, or our expectations. We expect to offer great service to every guest and we apologize for your experience.

Next time you are in Cincinnati please reach out to me at: wgettys@r-u-i.com so that I can make sure we make it right.

Best,

Wendy Gettys - GM

Detroit, Michigan
“Palomino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a wonderful dining experience my friends and I had at the Palomino. I had never heard of this restaurant, and when my friend told me about it, I was more than a little cautious. More often than not, when I travel, I find that restaurants believe their press and are simply not concerned with making sure their diners have a great experience.

I found every aspect of the Palomino to be top notch, and very professional without making us feel out of place. The seafood stuffed salmon was wonderful, and the cocktails were very well made (in fact I had the same drink at different establishment, and it was not good at all.)

However, the biggest reason for this review, is to give to Patrick (one of the servers) a lot of praise. He was quick, engaging, and very accommodating. I have a nut allergy, and he was able to have the dessert we ordered made without hazelnuts. I greatly appreciated it. I can't wait to come back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
JHerron112,

Thanks so much for the great review and kind words. We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share it with Patrick. Thanks again for your patronage, we look forward to serving you again soon.

New Albany, Indiana
“Try the basil giblit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I went for a drink as a recommendation from the staff at Macey's and what I found was the Palomino had happy hour all day every day on certain drinks, Yep, you guessed it the Basil giblet. Try on I will buy If you don't like it.

Visited October 2013
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
R A

Thank you for the great review! Happy to hear you loved the drink.

Turku, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Delicious Italian style specialities, and I could even make adjustments to the pasta toppings with no trouble.

Visited September 2013
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
MerviTurku_Finland,

Thank you for the kind words and review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and we were able to take great care of you.

Ohio
“Excellent food, service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Palomino in downtown Cincinnati offers great food and service.
The menu is broad and offers a variety of choices. Appetizers are phenomenal especially the pumpkin seed pesto with warm pita bread. The restaurant has several tables overlooking fountain square which is an added bonus. Service is very attentive and polite. The restaurant runs a chef special which includes a four course dinner for $20 but you must order before 6:00pm.
I would recommend this place for dinner and we will return to enjoy the food, the service and the views.

Pros: Great food, service, atmosphere, happy hour
Cons: Even though the location overlooks fountain square, the entrance to the restaurant is through a mall which takes away from the experience.

Reservations are possible and are recommended .

• Visited September 2013
traveller187B,

Thanks so much for you kind words and thoughtful review. We appreciate the feedback and guest tips.