“Long wait for not much food”
Review of Daveed's Next - CLOSED

Daveed's Next
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: St. Gregory Street
Description: This cozy, colorful Mt. Adams restaurant serves David H. Cook’s exquisitely composed, restlessly imaginative fare. Nothing is alien to Cook, who has earned a reputation over the years for innovative dishes that often dazzle the palate. In a more subdued mood, he might put his own twist on a traditional dish, creating a hearty Pan Seared Duck Breast with garganelli pasta and Vermont White Cheddar. But then there are the go-for-broke dishes like sea scallops with corn belini, creme fraiche ice cream and crisp spinach. Outlandish, perhaps, but it proves itself on the plate. Even at his most experimental, Cook shows good taste and restraint, paying close attention to texture and the interplay of unusual flavors. No one has a finer hand with foie gras. The domestic brand Cook uses is pan-seared, served with an ever-changing "lazy susan" of ingredients, from sweet to savory, which is served with a complimentary glass of late harvest. You will be amazed with the "Big City" dining!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Do not try the tastings menu - unless you plan to go somewhere else to eat afterward. For the price, you think you are getting a meal, but you are not. We were there for 3 hours in the most uncomfortable chair possible. About every 20 minutes, we would get about 3-4 bites of food. I normally take food home from restaurants but this was not enough food. We had less than 1/8th cup of soup, a sliver of pear with 5 small pieces of lettuce, 2 dates, 2 small meatballs, 1 sliver of steak about 1 inch by 3 inches, a side of potatoes about 1.5 inches by 4 inches, and a small dessert. We did not pay full price due and I was annoyed that I paid what I did. The quality of the food was fine but I will never return.

2  Thank CBcincy

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The food was excellent, our new favorite place to eat. Couldn't stop oohing, aahing and mmming. We choose a restaurant with a tasting menu for special occasions as they are usually so expensive. Daveed's was very reasonable. The staff was very friendly, service was great.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by a local I met the night before at the Montgomery Inn. It was a great recommendation. I had the white sangria, the Mac and Cheese, shrimp and grits and the scallops. All were excellent.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I took my boyfriend out to dinner at Daveed's new location in Loveland. They moved from the Mt. Adams area and changed their concept. We loved the change. We sat at the chef's bar and ordered multiple small plates that were reasonably priced and had a delightful multicourse dinner with some wonderful wine. I don't know which I liked best, the beet salad with robiola and candied sunflower seeds with frisee, the heirloom caprese salad witht the wonderful basel oil, the day boat scallops with arugula salad with a piquillo dressing, the country style veal terrine with pickled onions (unbelievably addicting), grain mustard, caper berries, and bread, the sweet/hot shrimp with a wonderful fresh white corn slasa, or the gazpacho with a refreshing blend of tomato and watermelon with pcikled green grapes. Sure wish I had room for the smoked and seared duck breast or the crab balls which were served next to us. We really enjoyed watching the preparation of our food. The presentation was beautiful. Our server could not have been better. We will be back, but will bring friends!! Perhaps we'll attend one of the weekly communal table tastings. The crowd at the table behind us were having so much fun and the food being brought out to their table looked wonderful.

1  Thank tigertoe
Reviewed April 15, 2012

While on a business meeting in Cincinnati, we had an outing to Daveed's for dinner one of the evenings. The huge room on the second floor was comfortable and quiet, and easily accommodated our large group of 20+ business associates. The food consisted of pre-set 5-course dinner venue (the main entree offered a choice of 3 dishes). In addition, during the course of dinner we flavored a wine tasting option, during which we tried various red and white wines--all good. The food was a bit rich but quite ttasty. The place offered good ambience. We had a nice walk to/from the restaurant in this quaint neighborhood in Cincinnati. Great and friendly service. Overall, a good and recommended experience.