“Pleasantly surprised”

Celestial Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Celestial Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #740 of 2,031 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Monastery Street
Description: Four star, Four diamond dinning with a stellar view of the city.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was having out of town company and wanted to go to the Celestial because I heard the view was so beautiful, and so I decided to take a chance after hearing that it was pricey for what you get. To my surprise, they have a new chef and I think that was a wise choice on whoever manages.

We were seated in a private room overlooking the city, and I was impressed with the wait staff. Nice wine selection, and was not rushed, although it was a week night. Our company loved their steaks, and the scallops that I had were perfectly finished with a nice light wine cream sauce. Plenty of sides to accompany our food, but I had ordered an extra creamed spinach which was wonderful also. It was my good friend's birthday, so they brought out an awesome decorated chocolate torte not just for her, but for all of us. (Hers had the candle in it).

I would recommend this gourmet restaurant to try for special occasions. We were very comfortable and we did get a pleasant visit from Chef Woody. So compliments to him for helping make this a great night on the town.

It did look like the building was in a remodel mode, they were working on the entry when you go into the building, but it looked like they were doing just a little at a time.

1  Thank Jill B

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I went to experience The Celestial on a Thursday night. We had no problems getting reservations, and there was free parking nearby. Our first impression was that it was a premium restaurant. It was classically decorated with wood paneling, white table cloths, and elegant furniture. Our waiter was attentive and pleasant. We ordered the Celestial Oscar and the Salmon special and the Lobster Bisque as an appetizer, their specialty. The food was all well presented and tasted good, but every item was lukewarm, which detracted from our enjoyment. This was a bit frustrating, because it was not very busy in the restaurant that night. Also, we arrived just before sunset and were looking forward to the fantastic view of the city. While the view was spectacular, it was somewhat muted by the soiled windows. As a result, our overall impression was that our experience did not justify the rather hefty price we paid.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

While the view of downtown Cincinnati and the Ohio River is terrific, the food and service are less than stellar. We only had desserts and drinks, but nearby tables waited for a very long period of time for their dinners, requesting updates from the only guy who was manning the entire lounge area (plus being the bar tender!) Time was not critical to us as we were there just to enjoy the jazz and to conclude the evening with dessert. The chocolate cake was not memorable, but we enjoyed our visit anyway. There appeared to be a "regular" clientel who knew one another and danced to the smooth jazz. We chose to sit in the lounge area.

1  Thank susierailroad
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated my birthday here this past winter. You cannot beat the views! Food is good, service was fine but not as special as you would expect in fine dining.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Like stepping into a time machine and not in a good way. Average food, not worth the price. Good views. Service was bizarre. No interest in coming back.

1  Thank ChiCJC