“Great Views of Cincinnati”

Celestial Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Celestial Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #829 of 2,028 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Monastery Street
Description: Four star, Four diamond dinning with a stellar view of the city.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The restaurant has absolutely wonderful views of downtown Cincinnati. The layout of the restaurant is a little odd in the way that there are two levels in the dining area. At either level, you will get a great view of the city and the river. Very pretty at night. My husband and I ate there on a Saturday night as a romantic birthday dinner. The food is a bit on the expensive side ($33 steak and baked potato and $8.50 for dessert). But the service was great and it was very romantic. I plan to go back again. Tip: buy a discounted gift certificate on Restaurant.com to make the meal price a little more reasonable.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went for our anniversary. First our table was the perfect location, facing the bridge and the Ohio river. Beautiful view. Our waiter was very nice and professional.

I had the trout and was tasty. It came
with linguini and tropical salsa. My husband had the ribeye and he liked it except it had more fat than his favorite New York strip steak.

The Pinot Noir was excellent. Then we were treated by our waiter with a delicious chocolate cake on the house.

We highly recommend this restaurant to celebrate special occasions. The view and ambiance are worth it!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had dinner with my son who attends UC. Althouugh we were dressed a bit casual there were no issues with the staff. We had a great table with a wonderful view and a fun and relaxed dinner. The waiter and manager chat was great and we enjoyed joking around a bit. Food, steaks in particular were spectacular.
Yes the place is traditional but very genuine, no pretense. This will be a regular stop for me over the next 4 years!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

You know how some restaurants are "old people" restaurants. Well, this is one of them. From the decor to the music to the furniture everything is old. The first thing that you notice is the great view. The second is the uncomfortable old chairs. The service was slow. We had the lobster bisque and French onion soup. Neither was very good. Our entrees (Chilean Sea Bass and Celestial Oscar) were pretty good. The filet was very tender, but not that flavorful. Creme Brulee for dessert was excellent. In short, I don't think it lived up to the hype.

1  Thank tm212
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We arrived for our reservation 30 min early so we waited at the bar area and had a couple of sodas. The man at the bar was very nice and had a lot of knowledge of the attractions in the area and made some great suggestions. When it was time to be seated, we were sat at a table right by the window with an amazing view of Cincinnati, the Ohio river and Kentucky. Our waiter showed us the menu which was very helpful. We ordered the diver scallops as an appetizer which was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. My wife ordered the fillet mignon and I had the sea bass. Both dishes came out perfect. The sea bass was the best meal I've ever had. Then after our entrees our waiter brought us a delicious chocolate torte on the house for our anniversary. If you're heading the Cincinnati area you should definitively make reservations at The Celestial.

1  Thank jkmead7211