“Traditional but personable”

Celestial Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Celestial Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #658 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Monastery Street
Description: Four star, Four diamond dinning with a stellar view of the city.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had dinner with my son who attends UC. Althouugh we were dressed a bit casual there were no issues with the staff. We had a great table with a wonderful view and a fun and relaxed dinner. The waiter and manager chat was great and we enjoyed joking around a bit. Food, steaks in particular were spectacular.
Yes the place is traditional but very genuine, no pretense. This will be a regular stop for me over the next 4 years!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

You know how some restaurants are "old people" restaurants. Well, this is one of them. From the decor to the music to the furniture everything is old. The first thing that you notice is the great view. The second is the uncomfortable old chairs. The service was slow. We had the lobster bisque and French onion soup. Neither was very good. Our entrees (Chilean Sea Bass and Celestial Oscar) were pretty good. The filet was very tender, but not that flavorful. Creme Brulee for dessert was excellent. In short, I don't think it lived up to the hype.

1  Thank tm212
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We arrived for our reservation 30 min early so we waited at the bar area and had a couple of sodas. The man at the bar was very nice and had a lot of knowledge of the attractions in the area and made some great suggestions. When it was time to be seated, we were sat at a table right by the window with an amazing view of Cincinnati, the Ohio river and Kentucky. Our waiter showed us the menu which was very helpful. We ordered the diver scallops as an appetizer which was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. My wife ordered the fillet mignon and I had the sea bass. Both dishes came out perfect. The sea bass was the best meal I've ever had. Then after our entrees our waiter brought us a delicious chocolate torte on the house for our anniversary. If you're heading the Cincinnati area you should definitively make reservations at The Celestial.

1  Thank jkmead7211
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband took me for a birthday celebration. We sat in our favorite corner table on the windows. The view is so amazing!

If you like lobster bisque, it is excellent here! We shared, the portion is large. They are known for their steaks, and when you order one you will not be disappointed.

With an extensive wine list and a most excellent creme brulee, the meal is complete. I recommend for anytime, but they certainly know how make a birthday special.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is a fabulous place to watch a sunset over downtown Cincinnati or to enjoy fine dining. My wife and I dine here frequently. The food is first rate, if a bit pricey...but you are paying for marvellous ambiance. At the end of the day, the attached Celestial Bar has live music in front of an art deco shell. There is a grand piano, and frequently wonderful singers/bands perform. This is a fine destination restaurant, or a good lead off to a night in fabulous Mt. Adams, the "Key West" of Cincinnati.

1  Thank Adventurer_Rob