“Dinner before the theater”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 2,095 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 5th
Description: What began in Chicago in 1978 is now one of the most award-winning steakhouses around. For over 30 years, Morton's The Steakhouse has been on a mission to provide "The Best Steak… Anywhere." Focusing on quality, consistency and genuine hospitality, Morton's seeks to provide not only memorable cuisine, but a memorable experience. With fresh, succulent seafood and famed USDA prime-aged steak, it's no surprise that Morton's has thrilled diners all over the world. For a glimpse of a higher standard of steakhouse, come see the legendary Morton's experience for yourself.
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Reservations and service were as expected for this level of a restaurant. The steak I had was overdone and tasted charred. I didn’t complain in real time, not enough time to. But I did fill out a comment card and send a note to the GM, neither of which were responded to. Wife’s food was excellent. As a matter of etiquette we were surprised to find people wearing ball caps and not those supporting the reds on a game day. We had expectations of some more formality as this was downtown, not the burbs.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

We ate here for lunch once a few years back while in town for work, so we thought we'd go enjoy dinner for our anniversary while back in town for a convention. The restaurant was not busy, but they made us feel like sitting us down right away was going to be a very big problem. We got a table and the service was attentive, the gentleman serving us was friendly but didn't seem to know lots about the menu. I will say this was probably the most accurately cooked steak all the way through I have ever eaten (ordered medium rare). However their steaks seemed to lack flavor and seasoning. The desserts were good, but small in portion considering the price. We'd give this place another shot, maybe it was just a bad night, but I will say our expectations after our last visit for lunch were much higher than what we received.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Anniversary dinner, as always the food was great. The service was great. The mgr stopped by to see if everything was ok. Highly recommend the red velvet cake. Very good dinner.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Been to many Morton’s. I travel for business over 75 nights a year on an expense account so money is no object. I always sit at the bar because I am usually alone. Other Morton’s are classy and have great food. This one - no. Granted, it is restaurant week in Cincinnati but neither the bar nor the restaurant was crowded at 9 pm when I arrived. First, it took 30 minutes for the crab, artichoke, spinach dip to come out. The bartenders (3 of them when I arrived) were cutting up and not paying attention to me. They were comping the couple at the end of the bar their drinks because of the “bad experience” they had the last time they were here (I overheard the manager). When the Morton’s salad arrived (I have had those many times), it was tiny and did not have the tastiness of that salad at other locations. Then, when the bartender took my salad plate, he said "if you want to hold on to your fork.....". Really???? At a place as expensive as Morton’s, they don’t just take my dirty fork and replace it??? And, I had to originally ask for silverware. No set up as is normal at other top of the line steak houses. And, as if this wasn’t enough (I am currently waiting on my entree as I type this part of the review), I heard one bartender say so that I could hear - “I am going to check on this dude’s order”. Really??? “Dude”???? I am a 54-year old, nicely dressed businessman. Now the discussion between the 2 bartenders is: “I decided about 6 months ago that I was getting paid less for working twice as much so I started delegating”. Now, my double cut pork chop just came out. Burned to a crisp on the outside. Inside tasty but way overcooked for pork. I asked the 2 bartenders if it normally comes out like that. One said: “not really” and the “other says, yes, we have a broiler”. They offered to take it back but I said, no, I should have said “medium” - it was well done. I am having trouble cutting it. Next problem - it is 10:23 pm. I specifically asked when I sat down what time they stopped serving dinner. They said 11 pm. So, they have already pumped air into and closed every wine bottle at the bar. And now, the janitor is mopping the bar floor with such a strong cleaning solution that I can taste it with every bite I take. As for the food, the dip was good, but not great. The salad was good but not as good as other Morton’s. The pork chop was an excellent piece of meat destroyed by overcooking, and the creamed spinach was good but, again, nothing extraordinary. Finally, the double chocolate mousse was outstanding. But it was served in just a rocks glass they use at the bar for bourbon. Again, really??? Morton’s can’t afford a nice dessert presentation piece?

Needless to say, I may never return to a Morton’s again because of this experience. And, word of warning - do not go to the Morton’s in Cincinnati. Maybe that is why it wasn’t crowded on a Friday night!

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I have been to Morton's before and was always happy. Not so this evening. Was in Cincinnati for business and felt like going for a good steak so when I saw Morton's I thought I wouldn't be disappointed. Well I was!

My first mistake was going here as a solo diner. Although they have an extensive wine list they only had bottled beer with no draft beer so I was disappointed about that right from the start. The menu is not set up for someone eating by themselves. All of the sides are set up to share. The prices were not cheap and did not include any sides. Although I did want a steak I did also want a bit of a balanced meal as well. I ordered a salad to start as I didn't feel like having a large plate of one side to share. The salad came and the waiter had a side cup of anchovies with the salad saying to me that he wasn't sure if I would like the anchovies on my salad. I asked him how it was normally served and he said with the anchovies on top. I tried some of the salad which was quite overdressed and decided that would definitely benefit from the anchovies so added them. The salad was okay but nothing special at all. My steak then arrived alone on a rather small plate with a bit of leafy something on the side and swimming in juice. The steak was well cooked to my liking but for a rib-eye it was quite dry and flavorless. It was also not very tender at all; and this was not a cheap steak - I have had better at Denny's!

I was expecting an exceptional dinner given the reputation and the prices and was sorely disappointed. I would not recommend this place and would definitely not go back. Furthermore, as a chain I have some serious doubts about their quality control.