“Quaint Diner in Mount Lookout - Cincinnati”
Review of Zip's Cafe

Zip's Cafe
Ranked #110 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've heard friends and family raving about Zip's in years past but today I got to see, I mean taste, for myself. My wife took me on a day trip to Cincinnati that encompassed a wonderful exhibit at the Krohn Conservatory in Eden Park called Butterflies of Morocco. We then drove to Zip's in Mount Lookout. On a Wednesday afternoon past the noon lunch hour, parking wasn't difficult to find. We entered the small diner and seated ourselves. The menu choices were simple so we knew what we wanted - hamburgers. Zip's burger with cheese is the most ordered sandwich. We also had the Saratoga Chips. Overhead a toy train encircled the entire eating area which came around every ten minutes or so; it added to the family ambience of the place. By the way, the hamburger was fantastic. If in the general area again, I'll definitely come back here.

There are newer reviews for Zip's Cafe

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The old wood, the train, the service, the beer and of course zip burgers. What more can you add. This restaurant has kept up its flavor and good food. No wonder it has been around since 1926!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Burgers are clearly the major item on the menu, but they also have two kinds of chilli as well. Really worn dark woods make you feel like you've been transported back the Dodge City in the days of Wyatt Earp. Dinnertime found the place serving multiple families with kids. The burgers have a "fresh" taste and are served on a bun just like you'd get in a supermarket so they have a really "homestyle" feel. Only downer - sodas are $2.25

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great local restaurant/bar in Mt. Lookout. Order the burger, fries and chili. Always busy. Go for lunch, dinner, or before/after ball games.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Zips may not have the best burgers in town, but it is my favorite burger place to frequent. I may be a biased resident of Mt Lookout, but there is something special about a restaurant that doesn't seem to change and seems to have two dinner rushes, at 5 and 8: for families and college kids respectively.

There are good beers on tap (a good selection of local beers and even tap takeovers from time to time), tasty skillet style burgers best ordered with everything plus honey mustard & relish, and my favorite french fries & onion rings in town. Prices are reasonable - 2 beers, 2 burgers w/fries will run you 25 bucks.

Bring your 3 & 6 year old niece and nephew at 5 o'clock or a first date there around 8 pm. The lights are dim, the toy train running around the restaurant adds charm and keeps the kiddos entertained and the meal will always be tasty and hot.

Bottom Line: I love Zips and so will you.