“Ok, delivers on the core need” 3 of 5 bubbles

First Watch
Ranked #79 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Los Angeles, California
“Ok, delivers on the core need”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good, solid joint. Nothing earth-shattering, but good. The people were very nice and tried to be attentive, and the food was okay. I arrived as soon as it opened so my food came really fast. The temperature was good, but the flavor was limited. Very bland.

The hype was a lot higher than the actual experience warrants. When I visited, there was also a strange odor. I couldn't pinpoint the smell, but there was a unique smell -- and it was not me.

Next time i am in Cincy, I'll visit someplace new before circling back to this place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Louisville
“Great food and reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We found First Watch online and it looked like a good breakfast place. It lived up to its billing. The food and service was excellent. Our waitress was very helpful and offered substitutions readily. She was attentive without too much attention. The food was great and just what we needed. We beat the crowd and did not have to wait for a table. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Cincinnati
“First Watch always a favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We often take our kids downtown on the weekend - First Watch is a good place to eat. It's often really busy so be prepared to wait. The food sometimes take awhile too.

Springfield, Ohio
“Staff needs to be replaced!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've always enjoyed eating at First Watch and have been to several different locations. I was sorely disappointed last weekend (7/22) when we ate at this one in Cincinnati. Our waitress was terrible! First of all her shorts were filthy, like she had been sitting in the street filthy. She had spilt something on her shirt so one whole side of her shirt was wet. Her hair was hanging in her face. She was in a hurry to take our orders. As soon as she took my order I asked for more French Vanilla coffee creamer as the bowl on our table only had regular and hazelnut. When another person brought our food I asked for an extra napkin because I had ordered the Grilled Turkey sandwich and it is very messy. By this time I still had not received the coffee creamer. The girl never brought the napkin and I wouldn't start eating my sandwich until I had another napkin. I had to have a napkin for my lap and one for my hands, like I said the sandwich was messy. So I got up from the table and walked back to the kitchen entry way and a bus boy asked me what I needed and I asked for a napkin and he gave me a few. Our waitress never came back to fill up my coffee or ask how we were doing. My sandwich was a mess. Almost no meat on the first half and the other half had so much dressing on it that the bread fell apart. If the sandwich had been made neatly I would have rated hire because I do love their food. This waitress (Jessica) should be fired because she has no customer service skills at all, the second girl who brought our food didn't bring a napkin (how hard is that), and the cook really disappointed me because normally their sandwiches are made with precision and they are consistently good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a great place to go for breakfast and one of the only places open on a Sunday morning if you want more than coffee and a bagel. They had a lot of healthy options, but don't let that fool you. They also have delicious unhealthy options as well. :)

Visited April 2012