“Best steak in Cincinnati”

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,954 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Best steak in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Jeff Ruby's is the go to restaurant for steak. The overall experience can't be beat. I recommend at least 4 for dinner since the sides are wonderful. Regardless, you will be taking a doggy bag to enjoy again. We've eaten at all his restaurants. Can't be beat!

• Visited November 2013

Evergreen, Colorado
“Great Evening, Great Restaurant, First Class Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great Food, Great Service, Great Ambiance.

I love going to Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse. My Daughter finally got to go with me and she enjoyed the whole experience. So much so, that she had me buy her two Jeff Ruby Wine Glasses to remember our evening. In the past she was only able to sit at the table in between performances while my Husband and I enjoyed ourselves. She was really looking forward to my arrival and our Reservation.

The Pour on our Bombay Sapphire Cocktail with Stuffed Blue Cheese Olives was generous. The Chilled Lobster Tail was amazing. Our Salad was large enough to split in two. Fresh & delicious with Julienned Apples. Broccoli cooked perfectly with Bearnaise Sauce on the side.
Our Filet was done so perfectly, it melted in my mouth like butter. Dessert was made with Macadamia Nut Ice Cream with a Graham Cracker bottom with Cinnamon and a Chocolate Mousse top with Chocolate Sauce Drizzle around the plate and tiny white and dark Chocolate balls scattered on the plate. The Dessert was as pretty and it Wonderful.

The Ambiance is perfect, with an old School feel.

Service Unbeatable. Our Waiter was Nathan and his helper was Gabriel. They no longer carry Hedges Red Mountain Wine which was so full bodied and perfect for me. Nathan knew the Wine and suggested Cameron Hughes and it is my new Favorite. It is not expensive either. We really enjoyed their Service with the perfect amount of attentiveness. The Assistant Manager, Kristoff (Spelling may be wrong, I thought he gave his Business Card but I can't find it) was very charming and made sure our evening went well and that everything was right.

I look forward to our next visit.

• Visited March 2014
cincinnati, ohio
“Best Steak in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse, The Precinct and Carlo and Johnny are all superior, and all are owned by by Jeff Ruby. All have vibrant bar scenes, exceptional service and the best steaks in town. The wines lists are amazing, the servers quite knowledgeable regarding what wine would be best with whatever meal one chooses to eat. The Steakhouse is in the downtown area, which is alive at night. It is very important to make a reservation for this fabulous eatery. Carlo and Johnny and The Precinct are both situated outside of downtown Cincinnati. Whichever one you choose, you will enjoy a delightful, fun dinner. I personally believe whichever Ruby steakhouse you choose, ,they are all more suited to adults....all super for business, special occasions etc

• Visited February 2014
Afton, Minnesota
“Outstanding Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I were staying at a hotel across the street and this was recommended. I am glad we went. The only thing I was sorry about was that I could not take the left overs (and there were plenty) home with me. Our steaks were cooked and seasoned to perfection. The sides were large. The salad was fresh and crisp and the bread was delicious. Simply one of the best steakhouses I have been to. The only thing I was disappointed in was the Foie Gras. It was cooked on the hot grate grill that you would cook the steak on, therefore it took on a strong charred flavor so the delicate Foie Gras flavor was lost and quite frankly it was almost all melted and charred black. I wish it had been cooked lightly in a sauté pan. Other than that, this is quite the meal, pricey yes, worth it, definitely.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank chrissyanddave
Cincinnati, Ohio
“great atmosphere, food, and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love dining here. I had the lobster and it was fabulous. And the salad was amazing, blue cheese wedge. The tables are super close together, this is the only thing I did not like. Minor detail but I don't like to hear other people while I dine.

• Visited February 2014