“Best Food & Service”

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Make a reservation and arrive early we got in pretty quick. Cheaper to valet your car than park in a garage. The atmosphere is awesome such a neat mix of old and new. Server was excellent very prompt and knowledgeable. Three of us ordered steaks and all were cooked perfectly. Ordered 4 jumbo shrimp cocktail they were excellent. We shared 2 sides the green beans and the fried potatoes it was perfect amount. It's pricey but perfect for special occasions.

There are newer reviews for Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse

Reviewed February 25, 2013

What can I say - this is truly a steakhouse. With Jeff Ruby's in town, why go to chains like McCormick and Schmick or Ruth's Chris? We took our son there for his birthday and had an incredible dinner. It's right across the street from the Aronoff theater, but if you've got tickets, you should still allow an hour or more and make sure to let your server know because this is not the kind of restaurant that whisks you in and out in under an hour. I love that!

Food is excellent and prices reflect that. But you're getting a dining experience that is a step above. White table cloths, extremely knowledgeable and attentive wait staff, high quality food, and a kitchen that is willing to accommodate menu adjustments for those of us who are a bit picky about food. Not that there's much need for that - all our dinners were excellent. Sides are served family style - three of us ordered 3 sides and shared. My guys are big eaters so we finished them, but we could have gotten by with 2 sides for 3 people. We closed with desserts that were just as good as dinner. A great birthday dinner all around.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Jeff Ruby's is a top notch steak house. The value is outstanding for the quality of food served. I have eaten at the best steakhouses in NYC and obviously Jeff ruby's is cheaper but with the top quality steaks. Sides are large enough to share and everything is cooked to your liking. I had the tomato and mozzarella salad which was extremely large followed by the barrel cut filet. What a great choice! The steak was enormous and the waitstaff was top notch. Every person at the restaurant from the hostess, bartenders and servers were incredibly personable and courteous. Prepared to be treated like royalty at this restaurant. Kudos to Jeff Ruby for aiding in the revitalization of downtown Cimcinnati!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Visited Jeff Ruby's while on a personal trip to Cincinnati. We visited the downtown location, and it was a great experience. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the Mac & cheese was the star of the show as far as the sides are concerned, but I wouldn't want to detract from the others. The wedge salad, & hash-browns were great as well. All of the sides are large enough to share with your dining companions, except, of course, for the salad. Service was what should be expected at a resturant of this caliber. Finished the meal up with the bread pudding. Overall, I had a great meal, excellent service and a fitting atmosphere for my night out with my wife & daughter. Life doesn't get much better.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I have traveled all over the country and have not been able to find a steak that compares with what I had here. It's not just the steak that is good though. The mashed potatoes and truffle corn are to die for. On our anniversary they brought out a molten cake that was also splendid. Can't say enough great stuff about our experience here! You MUST check it out.

1  Thank mickyjohnson