“One of the best dining experiences I have ever had!”

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,970 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“One of the best dining experiences I have ever had!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Absolutely incredible! The service was top- notch, food was fabulous, atmosphere was "hopping". An example of the excellent service, one of my dining companions spilled his bourbon almost as soon as it was served. There was a server there within 20 seconds to remove the ice, sop up the drink and put down napkins to cover it up (He did offer to change the whole cloth). Then he asked what he was drinking and he had a fresh drink all within 2 minutes of the spill. Pretty great.
We started with the Oysters Rockefeller- they were to dine for! The best oysters rock I have ever had. Then 3 had the chop house salad and loved it. One couple split it and it was a perfect portion. I had the salad w/ palm hearts and it was fantastic. The salads really were large and I wish I had split my salad, as I wasn't able to finish it.
Two people had the cowboy steak and it was cooked perfectly. Two of us had the sea bass- oh my gosh- heaven in my mouth!! Served on a bed of sauteed spinach w/ king crab meat tossed in. We also had to order the much- talked about Macaroni and Cheese- lived up to all of the great reviews I had read, just wish I had more room by that point to enjoy more of it. We also had the asparagus w/ bernaise- which was wonderful.
The desserts sounded great, but we just didn't have room.
The restaurant was busy and lots was going on. They had a small band set up by the reception area and as we left guests were dancing to the music. Very fun!
Yes, it was expensive, about $100 per person- but very, very worth it!! I would definitely make a point to go to this restaurant again when we are in Cincinnati.

• Visited January 2013

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Among the best.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Of the 37 States I've been to so far, and the numerous restaurants I have visited, Jeff Ruby is among the top 3 restaurants I have been to.

The ambiance is different but has a good feel however it is all where the food is at. Steaks and seafood both are awesome along with the aides. Au gratin potatoes are the best I ever had.

On top of everything, the home made ice cream is mind blowing. Please do not fall for the Cincinnati Chip just because you seem to be in town. Pistachio is the best pistachio ice cream ever.

This place is a must if you are in the Cin City Ohio area. Worth the $.

Carmel, California
“Mmmm. Mmmmhhhmmm. Goog!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Everything was excellent. From the appetizer to the desert. I had a 56 (I think) day aged stake that was out of this world. The crab cakes are better than some I have had in Seaside town.

The servers were attentive and good at what they do. I will definitely be back.

Visited January 2013
Cazy, West Virginia, United States
“Our New Favorite Place”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We were in Cincinnati on business and chose to eat at Jeff Ruby's due to its proximity to our hotel. We could not have picked a better place. Everything was wonderful, from the Freddie salad to the mac and cheese. I had the cowboy ribeye and my husband had the 65 day dry aged strip. We both agree they were the best steaks we have ever had, and we've eaten at many prime steak houses across the country. We cannot wait to go again.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great place downtown.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was really great! Portions for sides are big enough to share and the Mac and cheese is great!