“Great Steak”
Review of The Precinct

The Precinct
Reserve with OpenTable
The Precinct is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Parkway
Transit: There is a public transit stop across the street from the front entrance.
Description: For Jeff Ruby, this is the steakhouse that started it all. In 1981, The Precinct was born in the former Cincinnati Police Patrol House Number 6. This turn-of-the-century, Romanesque-style structure would hold what is now the longest, continuously running white tablecloth restaurant in the city. Recently named one of America's Top 10 Steakhouses by USA Today and Gayot.com, The Precinct is frequently recognized as having Cincinnati’s best steaks, seafood and service. This consistent high level of quality and overall guest experience over 3 decades has endeared Precinct to celebrities, businesspeople, families and loyal diners alike.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I went here to eat with a friend who lives in Cincinnati and i had a NY Strip, a steak i hardly ever eat because i think they are tough. Well this steak was so tender and tasteful i had trouble believing it was a NY strip. The place was great and all the food even better. This is a must stop if you are in the area. Friendly staff and we ate at the bar and i enjoyed that for a change instead of a table.Drinks came faster and the bartender was entertaining they are busy for a reason.

There are newer reviews for The Precinct

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at so many steak houses and have often been disappointed but not here. From the moment you walk in you know it is special. I had the 6 oz Santa Ono Filet Mignon
Wagyu Kobe Beef, Greg Norman Ranch, Cut to Order. Never touched the salt & pepper! Amazing seasoning. I paired this with their Shiraz and it was so smooth. The Freddie side salad was huge and the garlic mashed potatoes were fabulous. We finished our meal with bananas foster for two which they served for all four of us. I had this in New Orleans and it was not this good. All 4 in our party were full and satisfied. We had a variety of cuts and toppings. The ambiance from the stained glass windows to the unique decor in this turn of the century building just made it even more special. Ladies be sure to see the bathroom! The staff eloquently dressed were engaging and attentive. I wish I had gone to the bar to at least look and I wish I had room to eat more. BTW.. Very unique left over bag! It is pricy but that's what quality costs and it was worth it!!!! Impressive from start to finish! Wow!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband took me to The Precinct for my birthday. It was fun to dress up to go out to dinner. It was a multi-course dinner where they would serve you one course at a time. The server was right there with refills on drinks constantly and was very friendly. We also had a couple of drinks at the upstairs bar while waiting for our table. Fantastic dim lighting creates a romantic atmosphere over a candlelit dinner. We haven't been back, but plan on doing so sometime.

1  Thank KaceyK603
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Precinct offers the most amazing Steak you will find in the world. The service is extraordinary even in very crowded conditions but such is not an issue with the amazing quality of all the food. This is a "world class" dining experience. I simply have a difficult time eating a steak anywhere but in a Ruby restaurant. I brought friends and they agreed that this was the finest ever. We loved the local flair with the names of sports figures and the favorite steaks they enjoy. Such made this an even greater experience for me. I dine here often. This should be a bucket list place for everyone in the world.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family went to the Precinct to celebrate my daughter recieving her master's degree. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. We all ordered filets and thought they ranked among the best we had ever had. The service was attentive. It was certainly not an every day event but someplace to go that is excellent and memorable for that special occassion.