“Yes, it is expensive.”
Review of The Precinct

The Precinct
Reserve with OpenTable
The Precinct is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Parkway
Transit: There is a public transit stop across the street from the front entrance.
Description: For Jeff Ruby, this is the steakhouse that started it all. In 1981, The Precinct was born in the former Cincinnati Police Patrol House Number 6. This turn-of-the-century, Romanesque-style structure would hold what is now the longest, continuously running white tablecloth restaurant in the city. Recently named one of America's Top 10 Steakhouses by USA Today and Gayot.com, The Precinct is frequently recognized as having Cincinnati’s best steaks, seafood and service. This consistent high level of quality and overall guest experience over 3 decades has endeared Precinct to celebrities, businesspeople, families and loyal diners alike.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Find me a better steak because I want it if it exists. This place is so cool. The tables are close but it kind of adds to the experience. The service is top notch as is the food. This is all expected for what you pay but that is how you have to look at it. It is going to cost but it will be unforgettable. I have to endorse the mac and cheese as a side. I do not like salad but ate the Freddie one since it comes with the meal. I loved it, the bacon on it was really smoky. The steak was at a level of tenderness and flavor you can not describe. Try it if you haven't, this is beyond Bomb Vittles!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great restaurant and great atmosphere. Our food was excellent but I couldn't rate The Precinct as excellent because of the prices. For 4 of us, dinner and drinks, our bill was around $600 and we didn't even order wine. This is excessive and there are other restaurants with as good of food and lower prices.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Jeff Ruby's establishments have the best steaks anywhere and the Precinct is our absolute favorite. My wife and I went to The Precinct to celebrate our anniversary. The food was amazing - great steaks, cooked just right, with a delicious charred crust on the outside. And the service was the best we've ever had. The free dessert for our anniversary was the perfect ending to our meal. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We ate in the relatively new bar area for dinner on a Thursday night. It was pretty crowded at 8:30 pm with a mainly 20-30 something crowd. There were well-placed televisions to watch sports and the bar traffic was steady. The service was very good. They were able to make chicken fingers for our friends' daughter even though it was not on the menu. All of the food was excellent. I could have eaten an entire dinner of the Freddie salad with its homemade creamy Italian dressing. At my friends' suggestion, I had the signature entree - the Steak Collinsworth - which is a filet with crabmeat and hollandaise sauce and asparagus on the side. It was every bit as good as I had heard. We shared homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert - fantastic.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I went to the Precinct with his sister and husband for a birthday/anniversary dinner. The service was outstanding! Everyone loved their meals. From the appetizers to the (complimentary) desserts. Don't miss the Freddie salad, yummmm!