“Met all expectations”
Review of The Precinct

The Precinct
Reserve with OpenTable
The Precinct is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,992 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Parkway
Transit: There is a public transit stop across the street from the front entrance.
Description: For Jeff Ruby, this is the steakhouse that started it all. In 1981, The Precinct was born in the former Cincinnati Police Patrol House Number 6. This turn-of-the-century, Romanesque-style structure would hold what is now the longest, continuously running white tablecloth restaurant in the city. Recently named one of America's Top 10 Steakhouses by USA Today and Gayot.com, The Precinct is frequently recognized as having Cincinnati’s best steaks, seafood and service. This consistent high level of quality and overall guest experience over 3 decades has endeared Precinct to celebrities, businesspeople, families and loyal diners alike.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

4 of us enjoyed a truly wonderful experience on June 4, 2013. We were surprised at how busy the restaurant was. Our server, Chris, was knowledgeable, well paced and accommodating. The physical layout of the restaurant required amazing choreography among the wait staff.
While it is pricey, the food, drinks and wine were, in our opinion, worth the cost. Each of us had a different cut of beef and all were outstanding. The only glitch occurred when a steak ordered medium rare was delivered having been cooked to a strong medium. It was replaced immediately and without debate. The others were prepared as ordered. The flavor, texture and seasoning of each steak was unique and terrific. We would return and would not hesitate to recommend it.

There are newer reviews for The Precinct

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I loved the location (old police building) and the atmosphere was great. I had the dry agged ribeye and it was done perfectly. the dessert was a lemon sour cream cake and I would go back just for that. My steak came with mashed potatoes. When I asked for asparagus instead of the mashed potatoes . I was told I could not substitute. This was disappointing and hurt the experience. For what we were paying this should not have been a problem.

2  Thank currybill
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here on 6-6-13. The restaurant is in an old police precinct, which makes for a very interesting atmosphere. This is an old school steakhouse down to every single detail.

I had the foie gras appetizer. It was immaculately prepared with sauce that perfectly complemented the melt in your mouth duck liver. My wife had the scallop & lobster claw fricassee which she reported was perfect.

For a main course I had the Joey Votto, a 65 day aged new york strip. The aging made it buttery and almost as tender as a filet. It also had a slightly gamey flavor, much like prosciutto. It was absolutely perfect. My wife had the tournedos rossini which was perfectly prepared.

The service was excellent and while this is a pricey night out it was well worth it. I've been to a lot of steakhouses in my day, the Precinct is easily the best I've ever been to.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The wait staff as well as the hostesses are all so friendly. We had heard about the restaurant but finally had the opportunity to try and we were not disappointed. The appetizers are awesome. The Shrimp are huge and so tasty. We started out with a seasonal tomato, argula and fresh mozzerela cheese salad that was very fresh. My husband had the iceberg wedge which is a standard for salads with him. All of the steaks are Prime which is a real plus. My husband had the Brandon Phillips which was a peppercorn crusted filet with a brandy cream sauce. Totally awesome. I decided to try the Santa Ono Filet Mignon which was a Wagyu Kobe Beef and cut to order. It was the most flavorful steak I have ever eaten. We were so full we did not have room for the fabulous deserts. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

bar is very nice to hang in before the meal
service very good
food quality great
only concern worth mentioning is cost
tomato bisque - very good
foie grass app very good
bread hot and very tasty with its truffle butter
both filet and T bone were excellently made and very good
would visit back