“Still Fabulous”
Review of The Precinct

The Precinct
Reserve with OpenTable
The Precinct is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,019 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Parkway
Transit: There is a public transit stop across the street from the front entrance.
Description: For Jeff Ruby, this is the steakhouse that started it all. In 1981, The Precinct was born in the former Cincinnati Police Patrol House Number 6. This turn-of-the-century, Romanesque-style structure would hold what is now the longest, continuously running white tablecloth restaurant in the city. Recently named one of America's Top 10 Steakhouses by USA Today and Gayot.com, The Precinct is frequently recognized as having Cincinnati’s best steaks, seafood and service. This consistent high level of quality and overall guest experience over 3 decades has endeared Precinct to celebrities, businesspeople, families and loyal diners alike.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I believe this is the first of Jeff Ruby's restaurants, and it is still getting it right after almost 30 years. Top-notch staff, service and food. Known for its steaks, $43 will get you a strip steak, choice of baked or mashed potato and salad - I recommend the Greek with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese - it's delicious. Valet parking ($5) is on site. We told them in advance we were celebrating our anniversary; the hostess acknowledged it, as did our excellent server (Ricky) who treated us to a piece of cheesecake. The manager and dining room captain both stopped by our table to see if we were happy - fine dining in Cincinnati!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

An arresting experience (pardon the pun). Great food and service. This place is as much an experience as it is a restaurant

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a wonderful family dinner at the Precinct with our adult children. Everyone loved their steak. My daughter said her lobster was delicious. Our dinners were large, filling and delicious.
The restaurant was very busy but, we received very polite and courteous service from the wait staff. All I can say is " WOW", regarding the atmosphere and decor. It was as if we stepped back in time to a speak easy. The many chandeliers are just beautiful!
We are looking forward to our next visit to The Precinct.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

At one time, the Precinct was THE steak place to go to. It's a very good restaurant in a really cool historic building. The servings are large and you're sure to have leftovers. I'm just not convinced it's completely worth the money, but all Cincinnatians should go once to cross it off their list.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I love the Precinct. It is worth the trip to Delta Avenue. My husband and I went last night. It was a Wednesday and the place was packed. It is in an old police station and the dining rooms are unique, beautiful and kind of tight. I love the atmosphere. Our waiter was Tom and he was enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
We ordered a nice bottle of wine. Then we started with appetizers from the raw bar. We had shrimp cocktail and my husband also had a few oysters. Two or three shrimp may of been too many....they are that big and everything that follows is so good. The steaks at the Precinct are fabulous, but so is everything on the menu. I love the lobster tail. It is the best I have ever eaten, so we went with surf and turf. Everything was so good and plentiful. We brought a lot home. If you visit or live in Cincinnati, you owe it to yourself to experience the Precinct.