“Not as good as hoped”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cleves, Ohio
“Not as good as hoped”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We went to Scotti's for the first time tonight. Sadly, it was only ok. Service was alright but nothing special. Not overly friendly or talkative and yet for almost 45 minutes we were the only customers. I ordered the stuffed rolled lasagna and when it came out, it had a very unappealing aroma to it. It got worse as I took a couple of bites. It tasted like something had gone bad in the food. I sent it back and asked for the regular lasagna which they did make for me. But that took another 10-15 minutes while my husband had to keep eating his meal or it would be cold. To be honest, the sauce on the lasagna was lacking in flavor too. I actually added salt to it. Sadly to say, I won't be returning to Scotti's anytime soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank VSchutte

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rushed to eat and get out!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The food was wonderful. Although they are open until 8:30 pm, we arrived around 8:00. We felt rushed to eat and to get out. In my opinion, they want to go home by 8:30. It was a little awkward.

Other than that...it was worth the visit!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Donna T
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Genuine Italian Food from Taste to Antiquity”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Working downtown, I drove by it dozens of times and never thought anything of it. When I finally gave it a shot I was very surprised. From the multi-generation décor to the story of the owners and chefs of the restaurant, it's a place with it's own matchless character. Come hungry because there is a lot of flavorful food that comes with the order of each dinner selection. If you looking for original Italian food for a special occasion or even just a date, this is the place to go.

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“INCREDIBLE ITALIAN FOOD”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband & I eat here every Friday~~it's our FAVORITE Italian place in the city. It's over 100 years old, authentic Italian food made the old fashioned way!! All by hand and run by the family. Worth the trip downtown, even if you're just visiting.

Visited March 2014
“Great local Italian gem”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very good authentic southern Italian cuisine. Excellent service. Restaurant is small, but cozy and comfortable. Make sure you have a reservation.

• Visited February 2014