“Feels like an uderground cave”

Scotti's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #851 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 9, 2013

All those wine bottles strung along the ceiling and the low lighting combine to give a cave impression. Food is expensive for italian and not particularly noteworthy. Minestrone was very good. Garlic bread was almost stale. House salad was an italian cole slaw - weird. Pasta was mushy. Sauce not as good as Ragu. No reason to return.

There are newer reviews for Scotti's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am a big Italian food fan and was hoping for an exceptionally good Italian dinner. I was slightly disappointed. The portion size is large but the quality was about average. I had manicotti which filled the plate but the sauce could have been better. My friend had a steak (not Italian,) with mushroom sauce. Although the steak was large, my friend said it was supermarket quality and he did not like the mushroom sauce. Our waiter was very attentive and the other wait staff frequently refilled my water glass. The house wine was good, and the soup was too. I would eat there again but my expectations would be lower after eating there once already.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had to have driven by this restaurant dozens of times and never noticed it, but now I am glad I did. The decor was interesting, with the tiles on the walls. It had the feel of a small mom and pop Italian place - something Cincinnati does not have much of. My wife, who is from Boston, said it reminded her of a place she had been in Boston's North End - which is a famous Italian area. I had the Green Lasagna D'Amelia which is spinach lasagna topped with Italian sausage and it was great. My wife had spaghetti with the olive oil-anchovies-and-garlic sauce and loved it. The entrees came with bread, Minestrone soup, and salad also. The meal was great and at a decent price. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank joefromcincy1961
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The taste of every food item I ordered was bland, watered down and taste as if it was from a can or frozen food pack. My family is old school Italian, and this is not real Italian food

1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed November 16, 2012

In business since 1912, this place has earned its accolades. I figured if they can't do basic spaghetti with meat sauce right, why try the more costly dishes? The minestrone aroma told me I was in the right place. The salad, also included with the entree, was way above average. The spaghetti and meat sauce were everything they were supposed to be. Added garlic toast and a glass of wine made by blending chianti with burgandy - highly recommend you try it. After tax and before tip the total came to $29, a good price for the quality. Service was quick and friendly. With a lot of other sauces and fancy dishes on the menu I will be back to try as many as I can.

1  Thank SteveHereNow