“If it were possible to live on pancakes alone.. I'd live here. LOVE!!”

Sugar'n Spice Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Serving Cincinnati since 1941. Original Wispy Thin Pancakes, Huge Fluffy Omelettes, Signature Sandwiches n' Specials. Today, Sugar n' Spice prides itself on creating a fun, friendly, comfortable atmosphere, serving the same great food that has kept people coming back for generations.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

When we drove up to it this morning the signs outside were glossy, cute and just fun in general. I knew that it was going to be a great place before I even stepped foot inside. You see, I don't look for "New & Improved, " most times. I prefer when it's a local place with character. This little place has it all.

The name is perfect. Sugar n' Spice, because everything IS nice. When I opened the door I was amazed to see the the retro appearance, and how they have kept it looking so nice. I loved it inside and declared to my friend after seeing the cartoon characters with the painted pancakes on the wall, that I was going to tie myself to a chair and never go anywhere again. Eventually I'd stay for so long I'd fuse myself to the chair and wouldn't have to worry about anything because then I'd officially, be PART of the restaurant.

He rolled his eyes at me, and assured me that it would probably be against several health code violations. Sigh.. he's right, and I'd never want to cause this sweet little place any issues. So I just chose to sit at a stool instead and made a vow that I'd come back again soon.

Now, mind you... this is all before we ate.. or even ordered for that matter. We were greeted by several waitresses as we looked over the adorable menu. Really?? The menu is even cute? I guess that makes sense though considering the name.

Once we decided, our order was promptly entered. They gave us water as soon as we arrived, our order was in not even ten minutes after we sat down and our food probably took only another 10 minutes to get out to us. The staff were all super courteous and I loved the team work that ensued between them all. I didn't see a single customer without something or with a bad look on their face. Now me on the other hand, I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time I was there... I'm a nerd. So what..!!

I ordered the blueberry pancakes and a side of goetta. OMG...I went back to the idea of fusing myself to the chair again immediately after the first bite.., "health code," my friend whispered beside me.. Crap. I guess I'll just have to become a regular instead, and work would probably not accept me calling in on the case that I had fused myself to a chair in an incredibly delicious little restaurant. Jerks.. jeez. how dare them not just mail me a pay check for that!

But seriously, the prices at this place are AMAZING!!!! I have never had a stack of blueberry pancakes that were that delicious. The goetta was also equally delicious and when i go back it'll be hard to try something else just because I know how yummy that stuff was. Maybe I can just order a smorgasbord on my day off and sit there all day?? Hmmm... food for thought.. tee hee..

As if that weren't enough, there was a family with a small child there too. He wanted an orange juice and they brought it out in this cute little coke glass that was just his size. He was so excited about it, and I had a Jolly's flashback with my little rootbeer mug and I guess it showed that I was excited for him as well. :)

A couple minutes after that gesture a man brought me out a kiddie sized coffee mug that said "Sugar n' Spice" on it that was full of something red and some pink and white ice cream. He told me it was a Red Cream Soda Float. Phenomenal. I mean it. I joke around alot in my reviews... but everything was so good and that just warmed my heart. (Even though it was ice cream, and it's cold.. and.. ok I'm rambling..) Obviously I cannot say enough good things about this place. I am so excited to go back, and I have not stopped smiling all day because of them. Thank you Sugar n Spice for making my day AWESOME!!!!

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I can't add more than 5 stars for Sugar n' Spice.

There are newer reviews for Sugar'n Spice Restaurant

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food was really good, huge portions, but for two of us our bill was over $35! We both had an omlett and a drink (oj & milk).
I would rather not get so much food for breakfast that I need a to-go box. Smaller portions with smaller prices would work for me.
The entire staff was friendly and out going. The ower walked around with samples of random things. The exterior and interior is beeming with bright colors that I really liked. There are several shelves full of cute rubber duckies. Fun paintings on the walls & local photos of Cincinnati too.
Overall I won't be back due to price, but the experience was good once.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great food and atmosphere. The owner loves what he does and it shows. Recommend for brunch, but seating is always tight.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Delicious, sweet, made with a lot of heart. Simple and not expensive. Great atmosphere - perfect for family with kids!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This wonderful, cute and charming restaurant has awesome food and character. It's the antithesis of corporate chains, the anti-First Watch. Amazing Pancakes and omelettes! Taste samples and little surprises await.