“A Cincinnati Institution Retains it's Star of Excellence”

Sugar'n Spice Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Serving Cincinnati since 1941. Original Wispy Thin Pancakes, Huge Fluffy Omelettes, Signature Sandwiches n' Specials. Today, Sugar n' Spice prides itself on creating a fun, friendly, comfortable atmosphere, serving the same great food that has kept people coming back for generations.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A Cincinnati Institution Retains it's Star of Excellence”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

When I lived in Cincinnati, Sugar n' Spice was one of my favorite breakfast spots, so I couldn't pass it up on a recent visit. This place has the best pancakes I have ever tasted - thin, with slightly crispy edges, a wonderful flavor, not too filling, very satisfying. I went around 2PM and had breakfast for lunch, choosing the Breakfast Special - 2 eggs, choice of meat, 2 pancakes. I upgraded to Blueberry Pancakes, although it was a tough choice between that and the Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Everything was excellent as usual, served quickly and in perfect portions.

• Visited May 2012

“Good breakfast, would go again”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

While on a weekend trip on Cincy, we stopped here after reading about it on Trip Advisor. I had pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon - all very good. My husband tried the Philly Cheesesteak omelet and enjoyed it very much. It was huge and came with bread choice. My son had the chocolate chip pancakes and also enjoyed them. Everyone was friendly, the place was clean and we had no problems wIth parking. We would recommend it.

Toronto, ON
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible, horribe, horrible !!!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The food was so Good it made me over eat and service was so prompt that I had my coffee cup filled 3 times during my breakfast and now I am just jittery on coffee, that is a terrible and Horrible thing for me. The spinach and sausage Omelet I had was full of both of them, unlike the other fancy place I ate during the week which made this one looks like a loaded Ford expedition compared to a Amish buggy. The staff and the owner of the place is preserving the art of playful and genuine hospitality without frills. I am looking forward to my frequent visits to this diner. See you guys there!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank amitintoronto
USA, Ohio, Cincinnati
“Great little dump”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

It looks like something from a 1950's movie and it's not in the best area. But damn good breakfasts.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Food was just o.k”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have traveled ver the years and have eatened at many breakfast/brunch places and this place in my opinion is just o.k. I was expecting fresher ingredients and cheaper prices. My husband and I spent $30.00 on a omelette, coffee and breakfast quesadalia. My quesadalia was just o.k. My eggs tasted old and well as veggies in quesadalia. The coffee was just o.k. Our service was good and i loved the diversity of people dining, but to say that this place is excellent, no way. Now I might offend a ton of people, but this place is just o.k. If were on vacation visiting Cincinnati, I would eat at Blue Ash Chili or another breakfast/brunch diner. The pictures on the wall were nice, the decor is old, I'm o.k with that because I love hole in the walls!! Anyway, save your $30.00 dollars for two entrees and go somewhere else.

• Visited January 2012