“Great Indian”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Clifton
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm not sure if this is authentic Indian food or not, but it is always great for us. There is always a line at the door, and you are seated in pretty tight quarters, but it is worth it for a delicious meal.

1  Thank Pete D
There are newer reviews for Ambar India

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My cousin turned me on to Chicken Tikka Marsala. Prior to that I had never eaten Indian food. I thought I could order that same dish from anywhere and it would be the same. I was sadly mistaken, Ambar is the best! It is always fresh with the same consistently great taste that I love.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Describing Indian cuisine is always difficult, not only because of the variations in cuisine from region to region, but because of the variation in preparation and spices in the US compared to how it is done in India. Overall, this is certainly one of the better restaurants for Northern Indian cuisine. Service was great and attentive and the beer/wine list is large and reasonable. Definitely worth a repeat visit (and almost right next to the Esquire Theatre and Graeter's).

1  Thank NKyAdventurer
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great service, food was fresh, made to order, and the taste was just to die for!!! Will be back soon.

1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Was great but I think it has fallen off no flavors in their vindaloo go to Dushmesh far superior. The best thing I can say it smells fantastic as you walk by hard to resist those Indian spices.