“Great views and Ribs!”

Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,183 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eggleston Avenue
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

The service was outstanding. I visit occasionally since I live in Detroit but when in Cincinnati I make time for Montgomery Inn. Family friendly and fantastic food.

Date of visit: July 2018
MontgomeryInn1, Guest Relations Manager at Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Lindsay,

Glad you enjoyed your fantastic service at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse.

Hope to see you again the next time you head south to Cincinnati.

Montgomery Inn Inc.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Very nice BBQ place! We were seated by the owner and the service received was outstanding. It was our first time there and we had a large group and we were treated like family! The food was just as good as the service this is a great place to visit when in Cincinnati!

Date of visit: July 2018

Dear Vincent,

Glad you loved your experience at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse.

We hope you can visit us again the next time you are in the great city of Cincinnati.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Nice place. Good selection that everyone should be able to find something they like. I had the smoked brisket dinner, subed baked sweet potato for the mashed. This was a lot of meat. Was very tasty. I'm not a fan of sweet tomatoey sauce, but the meat was very good without the sauce. Hubby had the ribs & was very satisfied with his selection. Desserts looked quite good but we were way too full to partake. The view is super! The service is outstanding.

Dear Deanna,

Glad you enjoyed your meal at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Best Regard,

Reviewed August 21, 2018

So I am torn here, I have been before, and the ribs/BBQ were amazing. Tonight I went and the service was perfect, outstanding, top of the line. However, I ordered the brisket, and I must say it was the worst I have ever had. I was dry, and I mean "On the border of Jerky" dry .... The appetizer (scallops wrapped in bacon) was amazing, our waitress was on top of everything, but the brisket was just no good at all.

Date of visit: August 2018
MontgomeryInn1, Guest Relations Manager at Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Crowley45066,

We would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with your brisket. We strive to provide each of our guests with an excellent meal and when our guests do not leave completely satisfied we take it to heart.

We would like to invite you back to the Montgomery Inn Boathouse for another meal.

Can you please reach out to myself or our GM at the Boathouse Tom Kunkemoeller your contact information so we can make this right.

His contact information is as follows:

Email: tkunke@montgomeryinn.com
Phone: 513 721-7427

We look forward to making it up to you.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

It was at least 10 years since my last visit to the Boathouse this past weekend. We visited with another couple - who had lived here in town with us 25 years ago - and thought it might be a nice nostalgic place to go for dinner during their visit to Cincinnati. I was surprised how little this Montgomery Inn venue has changed.

Parking was a challenge - we waited 15 minutes on Riverside drive as the parking was backed-up. Then - even with reservations - we were directed upstairs to the bar to wait for our table.

I always liked the bar at the MIBH, it's a great place to have a drink and enjoy their commanding view of the river. Though it was not overcrowded, most of the folks outside were smoking cigars and cigarettes, so we opted to stay inside behind the glass, (which was a disappointment).

Once we sat inside, our waiter took so long to come-by that our table vibrator went off, so we skipped drinks and went back downstairs to our table, (which was a disappointment).

We were seated in a booth for four, which was dated but comfortable. The menu looked very familiar - the only change I could detect on the menu was that the "Rib & Duck Combination" was not offered. We ordered a few beers and cocktails which our server, Jordan, got quickly. We all ordered ribs - two orders and two slabs and most of us got the saratoga chips. The food came quickly, was served red hot, it was very good, and was a great nostalgic reminder of how Montgomery Inn has always tasted.

After the main meal, which provided enough left-overs for another meal later in the week, we ordered two deserts with 4 spoons and 4 cups of coffee. We had the lava cake and the Strawberry Shortcake and both were excellent, though I personally preferred the lava cake, (including a scoop of Graeter's vanilla ice cream). Also - the coffee was exceptional.

The Bill was probably within a wisp of $75 per person.

In summary, because of a few disappointments, I would rate the Montgomery Inn Boat-House only Average. It has literally not changed in 10 years - so you can add a few bonus points for nostalgia if that is a plus for you. However, for $75 to $100 per person I think there are better offerings available around the city.