“Get the ribs!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse

Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,892 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eggleston Avenue
Houston
“Get the ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Each time we go to Cincinnati to visit friends they take us to the Montgomery Inn.The food is delicious, but the ribs are amazing! Ive had ribs from all over, but these are the best..very meaty and the sauce is unbelievable. If you want to eat there, do the call ahead seating or you will be waiting an hour or two to get a table.

• 5 of 5 stars

Fairfield, Ohio
“SO neat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The views are awesome, a great place to go for a nice special dinner. Weekends can get packed, so don't go if you are starving, or plan to eat a light snack in advance for your wait. Neat history, pretty tasty food. It's not the best barbecue in Cincinnati, but it is very good.

Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Overrated but fine if you like barbecue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Heard rave reviews and I was looking forward to this place. My party ordered Onion Straws and Saratoga Chips for appetizers. The straws were good but the chips were just thick potato chips you can get at the grocery store. I had the tomato soup vs salad and it tasted like it had barbecue sauce in it. Not good. I had the chicken and shrimp dinner. The shrimp were good and the chicken was fine but I did not like the barbecue sauce. My daughter wanted duck and neither one of us liked the taste. I guess if you love barbecue, you might try this restaurant and like it but otherwise find someplace else to eat. The views are nice of the river and the service was quick.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Wow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Well we just moved here to cincy and got tons of recommendations about going to this place. So after a day at the zoo and the reds museum, we hit it up. Let me tell you it was terrible. First off, the place looks way outdated. Needs an upgrade especially for the prices they are charging. We get sat and look over the menu. I was blown away at the prices. But , based on the recommandation and the hype I was ready to deal with it. We got two dishes. One was a toms platter and the other was some bbq sampler. Ok here is the deal. I am gonna rate each piece of food that was at our table because there was quite a bit of food.

beef brisket- horrible
chicken wings- good
shrimp- good
jalapeno corn bread- might be the worst thing I ever ate
fries- just ok
mac n chz- decent
now for the "famous" ribs- seriously they were so flavorless and unappealing. I could not have been more disappointed . I went with my girlfriend and with a tip and NO ALCOHOL was 72.00. Absolutley outrageous.

The server couldn't remember the specials for the day and read off a card for what seemed to be 10 minutes... and a group of servers were talking in a corner and laughing about how they spilled bbq on someone at a table... just not professional.

I will NEVER go back...

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Naperville, Illinois
“Top 3 BBQ Restaurants in the Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have traveled to many corners of the BBQ United States. Texas, Kansas, Memphis, North Carolina, and my hometown of Chicago has its own amazing collections. Montgomery Inn in Cincinnati easily makes it into my top three of BBQ restaurants.

My suggestion: order "Saratoga Chips and Onion Straws" and share an entree of "Big Ted's Platter." The portions are large and the desserts are yummy. Love it!

Visited June 2012