“Excellent service and view...OK food value.”
Review of Primavista

Primavista
Reserve with OpenTable
Primavista is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W. 8th & Price
Description: Award-winning Primavista is named after it's breath- taking view of the Ohio River and Cincinnati skyline. Located just 5 Minutes west of downtown,it's a great place to dine Italian while relaxing with a date,friends,or family.Owners Joan and Frank Lenkerd have been working together with Chef Chris Prince for over 20 years and have received many various awards including : Best Food with a view,Most Romantic,and Best Italian.party rooms,carry out and free parking are also available.
Liberty, Indiana
“Excellent service and view...OK food value.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I have visited Prima Vista several times over the recent past years. Past experiences have been mostly excellent, but last night's dining experience broke the positive string.

As usual, service and ambience were outstanding. My wife's meal (Pistachio Crusted Mahi-Mahi) was very good, but my meal, one of the Chef's Specials...Sauteed Veal Scallopine, was mediocre...at best. The veal was so tough much of had to be discarded. No bacon in the sauce. No hint of sage. The green beans were blanched for perhaps 30 seconds, and in effect were essentially raw (but warm). I literally could not cut the beans using a knife and extreme pressure. btw, my wife's asparagas was in the same raw category. I seldom complain about food, and usually relish virtually anything, but this meal was truly poor. At $29 per entree, my wife's meal represented a fair value, my meal was a downright poor value.

One last thought...my wife and I grow all of our vegetables,and pride ourselves on properly cooking vegetables. Overcooked vegetables are not a goal...but correct minimal cooking is necessary. I sense many higher end restaurants seek to please those detesting mushy, overcooked veggies, but come on....raw vegetables flown in from some distant source does not constitute fine dining.

Like many dining males, I consider value as the paramount parameter. I don't mind dropping $100 or more for fine dining for two...but REALLY mind when I receive a $10 meal for one which I paid several times over. I give each high end restaurant a remedial visit or two before I wholly drop them from our dining list. Prima Vista will get that one remedial visit, but if their performance does not improve, we shall not return.

• Visited November 2012

Woburn, Massachusetts
“Solid dining experience”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Visiting friends and family in Cincinnati. Went on October 20th. As the other reviewers have stated, the view is excellent.

I thoroughly enjoyed the food. I had the veal satimbocca. Delicious, maybe too much cheese but very tasty. sampled the pesto linguini, which was solid. Other guests had the spaghetti and meatballs, penne alla vodka and veal osso bucco. All done quite well and tasted very good.

Solid wine list. We had a nice Sangiovese which complimented our meal well.

I do recommend and will go back my next time in town.

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Beautiful view of Downtown Cincinnati; just average for food; wonderful waitstaff; go elsewhere.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Enjoyed the view; restaurant needs a complete overhaul tired, dated and worn out looking and not up to par with other restaurants in the immediate area. The food was just ok and I think way overpriced for what we received. Not impressed, just average. The one redeeming experience was the waitstaff which was wonderful Nice, but would not return, go elsewhere and save the drive and money( two people for dinner was 50. not including anything else).

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great view, average food”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The food at Primavista is only average...nothing really stuck out, but then, I think people go there more for the view of the city, which is really excellent, especially if you go around sunset.

Visited April 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent view and service, food was good.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Prima Vista for the first time this past week and really enjoyed it.The view is incredible. There are several pictures up but you should see it for yourself.

The service was also very good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly and not pushy at all.

The food itself was actually the least impressive part of the experience. I had a caesar salad which was very fresh but the dressing itself was somewhat lacking in taste. I had the same experience with my entree. I ordered the penne vodka with grilled chicken. Again it was prepared well but was just somewhat bland for my tastes.

My girlfriend ordered a different pasta dish and really enjoyed it so maybe it was just me.

Overall I would definitely recommend Prima Vista.