“Great place to EAT!”

Camp Washington Chili
Ranked #63 of 1,954 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marion, North Carolina
“Great place to EAT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very unique diner feel. No chain restaurant feel which is good because its not! One of a kind, the chili in the classic Cincinnati style is great and you get a large serving for the price. But also the sandwiches are amazing again the portions are large and you feel like you truly get more than you pay for. Historic information all along the walls is a nice touch and the owner is there walking the restaurant talking with customers as if you have been there forever.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Curtis W

Marietta, Georgia
“Great value and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We wanted to try genuine Cincy Chili and were sent this way. The place was pretty neat, had a 50's diner-like feel to it.

I ordered the chili "5-way" (this means spaghetti on the bottom, chili with beans on top, diced onions, and fresh shredded cheese). It was good but a little on the bland side which, as I understand it, is one of the trademarks of "Cincinnati chili".

Bully for them, they put a nice bottle of Frank's Red Hot on every table for those of us like me who prefer a little heat with our chili. A couple dashes of Frank's and it was perfect.

The wife ordered a hot dog (it comes as two small hot dogs on one bun) and the cheese fries. She enjoyed both but wasn't blown away.

The craziest part is how inexpensive the whole meal was. I think mine was like $5 and the wife's hotdog might have been $1.25. Prettty sure the sodas were the only thing at or above market price. Great bang for your buck here.

As a tourist who wanted to eat some skyline / cincy chili while in town, I thought this place did a great job making me feel like I checked that task off my list.

The servers were really nice, too.

• Visited April 2013
Hamilton, Ohio
“Classic Cincy chili”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The service here is friendly and fast. I won't get involved in the "chili wars", but, Camp Washington makes an excellent chili. I've eaten here several times at different parts of the day and these folks know how to treat their customers.

Visited February 2013
“Spring Break Road Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I had recently been testing out chili recipes, and had found a tasty Cincinnati Chili recipe on America's Test Kitchen. Since we liked the taste so much, we figured we'd head to Cincinnati and see how our home made version compared. Our research took us to Camp Washington Chili, which has been featured in many articles, books, and food travel shows. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! The service, taste, and atmosphere were all fantastic. If you're looking for a place to try Cincinnati chili, you won't be disappointed. We also tried a chain, which was also very good, but this local diner is worth the stop if you're in the area. We each had a coney dog, and split a chili 5-way and a turkey club (also FANTASTIC!).

They have a drive through, pick up counter, are open 24-hours, and you can order enough to cater as well.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank iburch
Cincinnati, Ohio
“the best chili”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

my chili was nice and hot plenty of cheese and crackers my coneys were awsome I love the taste. And the waitresess are always plesant

Visited September 2012