“Spring Break Road Trip”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I had recently been testing out chili recipes, and had found a tasty Cincinnati Chili recipe on America's Test Kitchen. Since we liked the taste so much, we figured we'd head to Cincinnati and see how our home made version compared. Our research took us to Camp Washington Chili, which has been featured in many articles, books, and food travel shows. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! The service, taste, and atmosphere were all fantastic. If you're looking for a place to try Cincinnati chili, you won't be disappointed. We also tried a chain, which was also very good, but this local diner is worth the stop if you're in the area. We each had a coney dog, and split a chili 5-way and a turkey club (also FANTASTIC!).

They have a drive through, pick up counter, are open 24-hours, and you can order enough to cater as well.

1  Thank iburch

Reviewed January 25, 2013

my chili was nice and hot plenty of cheese and crackers my coneys were awsome I love the taste. And the waitresess are always plesant

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Clean,fresh,and the best service in town.great breakfest. The sandwiches are large and very good quality meats and cheese's. The chili has the best flavor in Cincinnati.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place does one thing well - if you like chili topped with an absurd amount of cheese, this is your place. If you like hot dogs covered in chili topped with an absurd amount of cheese, this is even more so your place. If you don't like these things, you're gonna have trouble - the 'beef' sandwich was cold, uninspired, and worse than Arby's. My wife did love the chili though, and the atmosphere and history made me give 3 of 5. Food 2 of 5 for sure.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The problem I have with the 3-way here is in the crackers and hot sauce. I like the oyster crackers at Skyline so much more and not a fan of Frank's hot sauce with chili, give me tobasco. I do love their chili that is why I usually get a bowl of it with turkey and cheese melt on rye.