“Hidden Treasure”

American Sign Museum
Ranked #7 of 183 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Dayton, Ohio
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had never heard of this museum until I found it on Trip Advisor. I am so glad we found it. It was very interesting & fun. They display many different types of signs. We were also allowed into the shop of Neonworks to see how neon signs are made. There is also a "street" so you can see the signs as they would have been used. The storefront windows display articles related to sign making. Parking is in front and side of the building. I also noticed a small park nearby at the corner of Colerain & Monmouth with a few picnic tables & small playground. Nice area for a picnic or let the young ones expend some energy.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Plymouth, Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Pricey, but very interesting”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

As a baby boomer, I thought that the Sign Museum was worth the visit. It brought back many fond memories from my childhood. I was reminded of places I had visited and other images. My teenaged children were not as smitten as I was.The price of admission at $15/adult was on the high end for the experience.

Visited August 2013
Kettering, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I visited the American Sign Museum while we were in Cincinnati for our anniversary. We had a great time! Make sure you take the tour because you will learn so much about the sign industry from someone who clearly has a passion for the art. We can't wait to see this museum grow and grow! We also loved seeing how today's Neon signs are handcrafted. It will give you a new respect for these artists.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank KetteringMom
Cincinnati
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lots of memories”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fun concept, entertaining arrangement of signs. Not a standard museum. Lots of variety. Classic Burma-shave plus plenty of others, lighted, wooden, paper....

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jen313
Cincinnati, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Signs and memories”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a surprise. Signs that brought back so many memories. Great guide!!!! Highly anticipate this treasure will far surpass everyone's expectations.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank snobbytraveler028

Been to American Sign Museum? Share your experiences!