“Lots of fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of American Sign Museum

American Sign Museum
Ranked #8 of 161 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Columbus, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Unique museum, 10 year old son loved it too. Very cool place will appeal to all ages. Great way to spend a winter afternoon.

Visited February 2012

• Korean first
Morrow, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

At first I though this would be boring but it was very well put together. I remember some of the signs when I was a kid. My 8 yr old thought is was cool tool. This is a nice little gem in Cincinnati. It is really worth going to see and they really tell you the history behind the signs too.

Visited September 2012
Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“More than just the history of signs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I learned about this museum earlier this year, about the time they were moving to their new location. The museum is somewhat deceiving from the street, but once you turn into their parking and pull up to the main entrance, you know you've come to the right place. Definitely plan to go on the tour, so go to their website and schedule one ahead of time. You will learn so much more than just the history of signs, but the history of the times that they were made.

Visited November 2012
Wheatland, California
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Neat place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited last weekend. I think this is a neat museum and worth a visit if you are anywhere near Cincinnati. You have to take a tour to really appreciate everything, though. When we arrived it was a 20 minutes before the tour started so we walked around on our own. It was neat, but then during the tour we got more history and the signs were even cooler. Our tour guide was the owner of the museum and he did a good job of explaining the various types of signs and the history of sign-making.

Visited October 2012
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“American Sign Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Cincinnati. Please visit the American Sign Museum, It is hard to find, I used a GPS and I got lost but It is a wonderful place to visit. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012

Been to American Sign Museum? Share your experiences!