“American Sign Museum” 5 of 5 stars
Review of American Sign Museum

American Sign Museum
Ranked #8 of 161 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: We are home to a visual history of American Signage from 1870 through 1970. Hand carved wooden signs, gold leaf, electric light bulbs, and neon all grace our walls and tell amazing stories, especially when told by our founder and avid collector Tod. Take a trip down memory lane and visit us in the Camp Washington neighborhood of Cincinnati!
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“American Sign Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Cincinnati. Please visit the American Sign Museum, It is hard to find, I used a GPS and I got lost but It is a wonderful place to visit. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Cincinnati
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“A Unique Not- To- Miss!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We had an out of town visitor and I was looking for things to show him that were really unusual and interesting. I knew about the Sign Museum but just had not been able to " find the time" to visit. I was blown away!! Antiques Roadshow was there filming that day. The tour was full of fun info and I became a real sign lover. Though tourists will love this, I suggest that Cincinnati natives take a look too.

1 Thank Gungadin
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A Museum With Heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The American Sign Museum is not just a collection of signs. There are ubiquitous works of art mixed with intricate hand-rendered signs from people who didn't just make signs - they lived it and loved it. As mentioned in almost every review, the founder Tod Swormstedt, not only knows the details of every element, he delights in sharing his vast knowledge and love of the craft. Whether your interests lie in early American ephemera or the beauty of well-executed craftsmanship, this is a magical place.

Visited November 2011
liberty112
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My father and I visited the American Sign Museum in August 2012. We skipped the group tour and walked around by ourselves and enjoyed looking at the great collections and reading about the different materials used to make signs during different eras. It is a wonderful place for photogaphy as there are several opportunities to snap shots of items that are often no longer in circulation.

We parked on the street before we realized after walking around the back of the building that there is an actual parking lot.

Good place to visit, clean, interesting, and a lot of neat history here! Plan to spend 1-2 hours browsing.

Visited August 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Went before their grand opening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had wanted to go to this museum for a few years. It was previously in a smaller location. We went before the grand opening, but were given a personalized tour by Tod Swormsted, the founder. The signs are spectacular; all restored. There are storefronts which feature different sign and periods of time when they were most popular. Only wish it had opened earlier so we could have experienced everything, and take home a T shirt!

Visited May 2012

Been to American Sign Museum? Share your experiences!