Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful Collection of Historic Signs

I really enjoyed seeing the historic signs and reading about the businesses that used them. Many I... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Pondoro2310
Cincinnati, Ohio
So much history

Who knew?! There is so much to know about sign history. I never thought about the evolution of... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $69.00
from $62.00
from $18.00
More Info
All reviews guided tour neon sign neon shop sign making walk down memory lane big boy howard johnson a small gift shop fun stop wedding reception free tour admission fee step back in time great collection unique experience american history neat place
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Located in a unassuming area of town, this museum is nothing less than amazing. They have neon signs from just about every last stand hotel and restaurant that I grew up with as a kid. There are signs everywhere all glowing different colors, flashing and reminding you of earlier days. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

“Fascinating” is the only word I could say when leaving the American Sign Museum. I really didn’t know what to expect. We were lucky enough to get Todd, Founder, to lead our tour. His knowledge is so in-depth, we couldn’t find a question to stump him. Most people don’t really appreciate all the artwork that goes into the design and creation of these signs. The timeline of sign design through painted wood letters to neon to plastics really told American history as well. The American Sign Museum is a must see! I promise, you will never look at another store sign the same. You will start admiring the work in every piece.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were there as part of a reception, so tours were not in evidence. We just wandered around on our own. Since we did not pay to visit, we didn't feel that we didn't get our money's worth, but would probably not go back. It's something you visit 1 time.

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank Purduepete1
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Located a couple miles from downtown in an older industrial area, but well worth the visit. Be sure to attend one of the tours given a couple of times per day to really understand what you're seeing (the evolution of signs from hand-carved letters to full-sized Holiday Inn neon signs.)

Date of experience: August 2012
1  Thank BoardingPass802695
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I recently visited the American Sign Museum in Cincinnati. It was fascinating! We did the hour long tour done by the owner. He is very knowledgeable about all the signs and how he came about acquiring them. It is a little off the beaten path but well worth the visit.