“Best sushi hands down in cincy!!”

Aroma Restaurant & Sushi
Ranked #319 of 2,013 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Tried Aroma on a whim and had a most enjoyable experience! Food was excellent, best pad thai I've ever had and the sushi was amazing, especially the many options! our server was wonderful, very experienced and knowledgeable, drinks were good too. will definitely be back :)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal. But there were almost too many, elaborate choices. Things that I don't really consider "classic" sushi. That being said, it was very tasty. Really liked the edami, rather than just salting it - they had a couple of sauce choices that really added some zest.

Now to the half price thing. I work in marketing - and am all for a good promotion, but really, if you are going to offer 1/2 price on everything all the time - why not just cut your prices and offer a real 1/2 price special some of the time. Honestly, without the 1/2 price value this restaurant would be too expensive even for Kenwood - so the 1/2 price thing is kind of bogus. Just sayin.....

The service was good and staff was friendly, but there was a lot of milling around of staff behind the bar (we ate at the bar) and staff sitting at the bar when not working. I just don't think this looks very professional for a nice restaurant.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for the sushi, not only we were surprised by the half price, but also by the quality. The waitress was so nice, splitting our salad plates, she really went the extra mile. The sushi, goat cheese salad, and surprisingly the guacamole was delish. You should for sure try this place :)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went on a Thursday night for happy hour had 2 great IPA beers, our waiter " I wish I could think of his name" was great! The lettuce wraps were tasty. The Volcano sushi was the best thing all night. Our service was fast and we made our movie that night during dinner rush!

3  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We are big sushi eaters and have sampled sushi all over the US and internationally. Cincinnati offers a variety of sushi options but what we like about Aroma is its interesting combinations. They have some very imaginative sushi - goat cheese salad and blueberry topped sushi to name just two. Well-prepared and efficiently delivered. My only other observation is that this sushi is so over the top that I think I might get tired of it if I ate there too often. The combinations are unique but also very "busy" in flavor. It is telling that Aroma doesn't have much in the way of more simple "classic" sushi and sashimi options. But if you are in the mood for a different taste sensation, given this place a try.

2  Thank krisztinav