“Ws not sure after the reviwes, but really liked it!”

Aroma Restaurant & Sushi
Ranked #307 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati
“Ws not sure after the reviwes, but really liked it!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went on a Thursday night for happy hour had 2 great IPA beers, our waiter " I wish I could think of his name" was great! The lettuce wraps were tasty. The Volcano sushi was the best thing all night. Our service was fast and we made our movie that night during dinner rush!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Jennifer K

• Korean first
Durban, South Africa
“Interesting change of pace”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We are big sushi eaters and have sampled sushi all over the US and internationally. Cincinnati offers a variety of sushi options but what we like about Aroma is its interesting combinations. They have some very imaginative sushi - goat cheese salad and blueberry topped sushi to name just two. Well-prepared and efficiently delivered. My only other observation is that this sushi is so over the top that I think I might get tired of it if I ate there too often. The combinations are unique but also very "busy" in flavor. It is telling that Aroma doesn't have much in the way of more simple "classic" sushi and sashimi options. But if you are in the mood for a different taste sensation, given this place a try.

2 Thank krisztinav
Cincinnati, Ohio
“They lied to us!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been going to Aroma's since it opened and love the sushi, but tonight we had a horrible incident with the staff and it will be a very long time before we try this place again. We have NEVER paid full price for sushi there whether we order from the main menu or the specials, but tonight we were told the specials are not 1/2 price and never were. Funny thing is, we had eaten there the night before and ordered the same meal we wanted tonight and were charged 1/2 price for the same sushi.The waitress told me I was wrong, and when I produced the receipt she said I was charged wrong and that last night's waitress would now have to pay the difference.We asked for the manager who said the sushi specials are never 1/2 price and when we told her we have always been charged 1/2 price for them, she basically accused us of lying.We go there almost weekly, so we know what we are talking about! Tonight's waitress and manager were very rude and although we enjoy the food, I won't be paying for rude service any more.

3 Thank Terrek
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What happened to Aroma?”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place used to be a favorite. Now it seems like the management and staff just don't care anymore. The service is bad, the food average (i can get the same sushi at Kroger) and way overpriced. Would not have gone if it wasn't for the groupon. Not likely to return, which is unfortunate because their food used be great.

3 Thank nandara
“Very good sushi”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We really like this sushi restaurant. The sushi is excellently prepared and the service is really quick but not so quick you feel rushed. Wine list is also very good. A bit on the expensive side but we haven't found a sushi place that isn't.

Visited March 2013