“Very good sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We really like this sushi restaurant. The sushi is excellently prepared and the service is really quick but not so quick you feel rushed. Wine list is also very good. A bit on the expensive side but we haven't found a sushi place that isn't.

2  Thank Les68

Reviewed February 22, 2013

So, I went to Aroma (again) and was anticipating a nice lunch. NOT. I paid top price and got marginal food and service. Let me tell you what a $12 Bento Box includes - a salad, a large scoop of rice, 2 slices of tuna sashimi, 4 pieces of a California Roll, and 3 pot-stickers. I was silly enough to order salmon sushi also - definitely not fresh salmon - not sure what it was. I have dined here before, and recalled a question-mark, but could not remember why. Now, it is easy. Never again. Nice plates, though.

1  Thank CJ5687
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Yes, the sushi was great, but I would NEVER recommend this restaurant. We had two $50 Groupons for a party of five and were careful to request separate checks, one each for two people, and one single check. Had to fight with the manager to use our Groupons, since their policy was only one Groupon per table. After insisting she call the owner, she finally accepted our Groupons. But the story doesn't end there... The single person's bill was $15 to which she added a $2 tip when charging on her credit card. But when her monthly statement arrived, it showed a whopping $71 charge from Aroma restaurant. She called the restaurant, saying she had a receipt for $17 and was told their credit card machine sometimes keeps the amount from the previous charge if the server doesn't enter it properly. The restaurant manager suggested that she try to get money back from her friends (why? Were they charged too little? Of course not!) because if they had to give her money back for the overcharge, they would deduct it from the server's pay. This was very upsetting so she called the credit card company to settle he dispute. Perhaps Aroma was getting back at us for using two Groupons? Terrible customer service. Patronize at your own risk or peril!

1  Thank Vera L
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Cincinnati for work and bumped into this restaurant by chance. I was here for lunch. I ordered Oshi Zushi sushi roll, salmon sashimi, pho, and sake. Oshi Zushi had melted mozzarella on it! It was amazing! The sashimi may have been the best I have ever had! Who knew Cincinnati would have great sushi! It was amazing! I have to note I wasn't thrilled about the Pho. If I am ever lucky to go back, I would stick with the amazing sushi menu! You must try this delight! It is a bit on the expensive side, but you should expect that with high quality sushi. The customer service was great.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I enjoyed the Volcano roll. I love to try new sushi around home and out of town. This place might have even been better than my favorite restaurant at home. It was amazing!